Hopefully someone can help me out here!

I am running OS 4.5.0.81. I have a 1 mb memory card in my BB right now. I want to get a new memory card. is there restrictions on what kind of card/how big that I can get?

Also, I've asked around a bit but I'm really unsure about it.. but is there a way to transfer themes that are on the device (and taking up a lot of memory) to the media card?

on a side note, when I go to back up my data, I notice third party themes do not back up. is there another way of doing this? i pay for all my themes so I don't want to lose them but they're sucking the memory down really quick... I start with approx 20 mb and then several hours later it's down to 14-10 mb! I don't want to hard reset my phone 3 times a day. so yeah... any help would be greatly appreciated!
    11-28-08 07:46 AM
    I am running OS 4.5.0.81. I have a 1 mb memory card in my BB right now. I want to get a new memory card. is there restrictions on what kind of card/how big that I can get?
    You can go up to a 16GB

Also, I've asked around a bit but I'm really unsure about it.. but is there a way to transfer themes that are on the device (and taking up a lot of memory) to the media card?
    Themes install like applications and need to be located in the device memory.

I notice third party themes do not back up. is there another way of doing this?
    Absolutely there is a sticky somewhere here on this. If you check the Add-in box (in DM) does it not back them up? My DM v4.6 does this for me.
    11-28-08 08:25 AM
    thanks! i'll have to try the back up with the add in box. that's located in the backup/ restore section of it, correct?
    11-28-08 08:28 AM
    I'm thinking if you click back-up > Options> All data on device, this should get it done.

The themes show up in the app. loader do they not.
    11-28-08 08:35 AM
    yeah they do.

i'm also getting an error message when backing up my info. it typically happens around the browser options. any clue what's causing this? never had issues backing up before.
    Last edited by ucsdgirl04; 11-28-08 at 08:44 AM.
    11-28-08 08:37 AM
    also what good is a memory card if you can't fill it with apps? there's gotta be a way to do that...
    11-28-08 09:05 AM
    also what good is a memory card if you can't fill it with apps? there's gotta be a way to do that...
    There's a third-party app from Aerize that allows you to load apps on the media card. I haven't used it, so no testimonial here. Our very own CrackBerry has a thread:
    Blackberry Software & Service Companies

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jbeachy; 11-28-08 at 09:38 AM.
    11-28-08 09:23 AM
    I would love to be able to store / run apps. from the SD card. This is something I gave up coming from WM6 OS. The trade was well worth the sacrifice.

I found this comment by JeffH (Moderator):

A microSD card can't help you with running applications, because applications have to run in device memory. Device memory and microSD memory are accessed differently, and are not interchangeable. The microSD card does help by giving you a place to store pictures, videos, ringtones, and music, freeing up device memory that otherwise would be used by those items.
    The bottom line for now is to optimize your device memory and store all media on the SD card.
    11-28-08 09:24 AM
    Read this four page thread for a clear view on exactly what Aerize Card Loader can NOT do.

Aerize Card Loader

The stated purpose is misleading, it does Zero for device memory.
    11-28-08 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD