I have been having issues with my blackberry for awhile now and do not know the cause or what to do. i hope someone can help.

i had a blackberry 8130 pearl from verizon, updated it to 4.5 and it kept shutting down. i downgraded back to 4.3 and same problem. i finally discovered that it was the memory card. it works fine in other phones and with my laptop but constantly restarts my phone.

i now have blackberry curve 8320. its running 4.5.0.124 and its having problems as well. constant memory leaks, freezing up. and memory card makes it constantly restart. i bought a new card and installed. worked fine for 20 mins and then started to cut off. has anyone experienced this. could it be a program thats causing this. or could the culprit be the os itself.

i have no clue what do do, but no media is making expansion on my berry a no go. pics vids music, nada.

please help
    02-23-09 02:04 PM
    How about trying AT&Ts 4.5.0.110 OS? It's supposedly very stable.

Also, since you're having memory card issues, are you sure that you are inserting the card in the holder properly and locking the holder down in the down position by sliding it to the locked position?
    Last edited by xliderider; 02-23-09 at 02:50 PM.
    02-23-09 02:47 PM
    How about trying AT&Ts 4.5.0.110 OS? It's supposedly very stable.

Also, since you're having memory card issues, are you sure that you are inserting the card in the holder properly and locking the holder down in the down position by sliding it to the locked position?
    using that os shouldnt affect wifi or my faves right. and yes i locked card into place. i dont know why it restarts. ill try the os you suffested though.
    02-23-09 02:55 PM
    Did you format the card? Options, memory, open menu, format. Everything on the card will be DELETED! Then load whatever you had on the card one item at a time and test. Its possible there is something buggy on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 03:04 PM
    Here's a link to the 4.5.0.110 OS, just remember to delete the vendor.xml file before loading. Remove any current OS installed on your computer before downloading/installing this OS (Comntrol Panel Add/Remove Programs). I'd also recommend using DM 4.5 or 4.6 for the install.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f68/t-4...leased-114449/

Your faves should still work as OSs are device specific and your service books should contain the specifics to your carrier. WiFi should work as well, as this OS is for the 8310/8320.
    02-23-09 03:05 PM
    Sorry, double post

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by maxiang; 02-23-09 at 03:22 PM.
    02-23-09 03:15 PM
    i agree with ma-xiang.. sounds like a memory card issue and not the OS. try formatting it.
    02-23-09 03:34 PM
    My mom had the same problem and got it to work for about a month and it started to cut off again. Now she just doesn't care.
    02-23-09 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD