Is there a media player or patch that allows finer adjustment of the volume out of the headphone jack? I use the media player to listen to MP3s every day. However, I'd like the volume to go one step lower. The lowest setting is still a bit loud, but the next lowest step is mute.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    01-22-08 10:38 AM
    Anyone?
    01-24-08 11:14 AM
    That's funny you're seeking a way to create a lower setting for the media player volume. I was just going to post asking if anyone knew of a way to make the highest setting higher.

So if anyone reading this knows of a way to make the volume of the media player on the Curve any higher, please include information in your response.

Gracias.

AZA
    01-24-08 12:19 PM
    That's funny you're seeking a way to create a lower setting for the media player volume. I was just going to post asking if anyone knew of a way to make the highest setting higher.

So if anyone reading this knows of a way to make the volume of the media player on the Curve any higher, please include information in your response.

Gracias.

AZA
    From the Media screen select Options. Then scroll down to Audio Boost. After a page full of disclaimers you can make it louder.
    01-24-08 12:28 PM
    try maybe a pair of headphones that have a volume control on the wire
    01-24-08 06:52 PM
    Thanks folks.

I will try the audio boost option and look into some new headphones. The ones that came with the BlackBerry suck anyway. I already tried a pair of Sony ear buds I've had for years, but they don't seem to work with my BlackBerry Curve. The jack appears to be the same size, but the music just comes out of the device's speakers when I plug the headphones in.

Anywho, thanks for the suggestions.

AZA
    01-25-08 07:57 AM
    I know that with my sony earbuds I found that out too. I think if you play the track or video then plug them in you'll be ok you will only have to do I once not for each track. But when I used a pair of stock ipod earbuds I have no problem like that. Weird huh? Good luck. Let me knoe if you try the volume control head phones if they work out and make it louder when the volume is maxed or lower when its all the way down on the curve
    01-25-08 08:26 AM
    I know that with my sony earbuds I found that out too. I think if you play the track or video then plug them in you'll be ok you will only have to do I once not for each track. But when I used a pair of stock ipod earbuds I have no problem like that. Weird huh? Good luck. Let me knoe if you try the volume control head phones if they work out and make it louder when the volume is maxed or lower when its all the way down on the curve
    Unfortunately I don't want to get new headphones as I do use mine to talk on the phone.

AZA43- Headphones with a volume control won't make the volume any louder unless they are a pair of expensive headphones with a built in amp. Most headphones with in line volume controls can only lower the volume coming from the media player.
    01-28-08 10:53 AM
    From the Media screen select Options. Then scroll down to Audio Boost. After a page full of disclaimers you can make it louder.
    I don't have an Audio Boost in my Media Screen Options. I have the LG adaptor with volume control and had it as well as the volume in media player cranked all the way up and had to lip read "3:10 to Yuma" while on the plane this week using my Bose sound cancelling headphones.

Anyone have any other suggestions to crank the volume up?
    02-08-08 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD