I have just gotten the Curve via Verizon. I have tried to install the Desktop Manager software, but it will stall at the Roxio media manager. I would like to have that up and running. I checked the Roxio site, but anything they have they charge. I checked the blackberry.com site, but they don't seem to have JUST the media player, and I was unable to find the whole DM for a complete re-download... any ideas? Anything would help. Thanks.
    08-01-08 10:34 PM
    Uninstall DM completely and start over. A lot of people don't even use Medai Manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-08 10:50 PM
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software... twice. Same thing. What do I do to add/delete songs, vids, ringtones, etc. without the media manager?
    08-01-08 11:55 PM
    Can you not enable your phone as a mass storage device? If you can, do it. Then open "my computer" or "computer from the start menu. Then you should see a removeable drive; open it, open the black berry folder and you will see specifix folders where to put each thing.

08-01-08 11:59 PM
    I've personally found the media manager to be an utter nightmare. I tried installing it in my Windows XP virtual machine with no success. The installer just hung at "Collecting Information". I just whipped up some MP3s of my music and just copied them over mass storage.
    08-02-08 02:55 AM
    Don't install the Roxio media software. You don't need it and it's a POS anyway.
    08-02-08 09:11 AM
    What version of DM and what version of windows? Try downloading DM 4.6 which includes mediasync and media manager.

08-02-08 09:14 AM
    I tried to enable the mass storage, but it still doesn't register on my computer. I might be missing something... I went into the options, media card, mass media storage support, >on? That's the only one I could find...
    08-03-08 03:59 AM
    Don't install the Roxio media software. You don't need it and it's a POS anyway.
    i totaly agree
    i installed it and it slowed down my computer so much
    so i just kept dm and deleted roxio(it also screwed up my 2gb memory card)
    i also just take songs out of itunes and just drag it into my memory card folder =-)
    08-03-08 04:03 AM
    I tried to enable the mass storage, but it still doesn't register on my computer. I might be missing something... I went into the options, media card, mass media storage support, >on? That's the only one I could find...
    yes now when you connect to the computer
    open my computer and then it should show up there
    open it
    and for songs go into media and just copy into there
    08-03-08 04:04 AM
    Nope... I set that up, and there's a no go on the memory folder/blackberry/storage device...I DL'd 4.3... it's the only one I could find that works for Verizon. The DM works fine, but I got the same problem that nick125 had, collecting info. The DM works fine, but there's still nothing that let's me access it through My Comp.... brilliant, eh?
    08-03-08 04:09 AM
    SOMNOFABITCH! I CHECK IT ONE SECOND, AND IT'S NOT THERE, I CHECK IT THE VERY NEXT, AND IT'S THERE...screw me sideways with a shattered pearl covered in Tabasco... nevermind, I guess. THANKS TO ALL WHO REPLIED... AS YOU ALL PROBABLY KNOW, IT SUX TO BE A NOOB... ESPECIALLY WHEN I HAVE A TEMPERMENTAL BERRY.
    08-03-08 04:11 AM
    SOMNOFABITCH! I CHECK IT ONE SECOND, AND IT'S NOT THERE, I CHECK IT THE VERY NEXT, AND IT'S THERE...screw me sideways with a shattered pearl covered in Tabasco... nevermind, I guess. THANKS TO ALL WHO REPLIED... AS YOU ALL PROBABLY KNOW, IT SUX TO BE A NOOB... ESPECIALLY WHEN I HAVE A TEMPERMENTAL BERRY.
    don't worry maybe your chord isn't connected fully or its loose
    what kind of computer are you running
    i find that odd that it connects and then disconnects
    08-03-08 04:12 AM
    the cord is good, because I'm using my BB as a tethered modem for the internet as well.... lol. But it's all good, cuz the stupid thing is taking songs from itunes, etc. THANK YOU AGAIN THOUGH...all of y'all.....
    08-03-08 04:16 AM
    its not stupid lol
    just troubled =-)
    well hope it works out
    08-03-08 04:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD