Ok, so I've ripped a 2-Disc Dylan album to my Curve... I've tried messing with the tags, messing with the filenames... no matter what I do, the BB puts all files into the same folder, with 2 files named "01 - " (titles after that). Problem this creates is you can't listen to one disc by itself, since you're forced to hear track 1 of disc 1, then track 1 of disc 2, then track 2 of disc 1, then track 2 of disc 2...

Am I missing something here? Is there a way to transfer it to the BB, so it keeps the discs separate?

Even if I put transfer them in two separate folders, they still show up all together in the media player...
    09-28-08 10:11 PM
    Wow -- so either no one's ever put a 2-Disc album on their BB, or no one has this problem (or all Crackberry forces are aligned against me, but that's just a liiiiitle too paranoid for now).
    10-01-08 12:50 AM
    If you are ripping a 2 disc set, make sure the two folders that you are ripping into have a variance in the file name. Just add disc 1 or disc 2 to the end (something like "blah blah - disc 1"). This usually tells the device or media player that there are two distinct folders with files in them. Then, name the songs in the folder from 01 through however many there are.

Remember that when you view the songs on the blackberry, that you view by album. It should seperate the folders accordingly.
    Last edited by GMJeff; 10-01-08 at 01:17 AM.
    10-01-08 01:07 AM
    Nope -- doesn't work. There's no way to view by folder, you can only view by artist or album and when I do that, it shows both folders grouped together as before. In fact, it renames the folder to the official name of the album (guess it's pulling it from the tags).
    10-01-08 10:01 AM
    Just edit the track tags.
    10-01-08 07:29 PM
    I have the same issues. And I've tried everything that you have.... as well as a few other things, like numbering all the tracks 1-25 etc...

I even just today formatted my media card and put all 7.5 G of music back on Still no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas with this?
    10-04-08 06:48 PM
    Did you try entering the 1 - 25 numbering in the track tags rather than the file names?
    10-04-08 07:05 PM
    Exactly -- it's all about the tags, not the filename, which was advised earlier in this thread. Fixed the problem for me. Just make sure u edit the tag to say "In Rainbows -- Disc 2" or something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-08 08:50 PM
    I've done all that.

~I renamed the track numbers on the ID tags in the media manager (on the phone), making them continue from one disk to the next.

~I've renamed the track itself PRIOR to downloading them to the phone.

~I've also separated the disks into different folders PRIOR to downloading them to the phone.

~I've formatted my card, and started over.

~I've wiped out the card twice and started over.

My problem is that most of what is on my phone is live concerts (consisting of more then one disk). And I now have a 8 G card, so there is a lot of music

SOMEONE please help!
    10-06-08 01:19 PM
    Perhaps not an elegant solution, but I would create an iTunes playlist of the 2 discs, and then sync to your BB using Media Sync. This should allow you to play the discs in order.
    10-06-08 03:01 PM
    I rip via Media Player and name the discs seperately. I recently ripped and sync'd a 4 CD album to my card with no problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 03:08 PM
    (wnm & teal) Could you elaborate a little more on what to do?
    10-07-08 01:07 PM
    In iTunes create a new playlist and then drag all the songs from the 2 disc album to the play list. Make sure the songs are sorted properly (disc 1 songs 1 to .. then disc 2 songs 1 to ...). Exit iTunes.

Get Media Sync:BlackBerry - BlackBerry Media Sync and install.

Run Media Sync, and it will find your iTunes playlists. Select and the playlists you want to sync to your BB. OPen Media Manager on your BB and listen to your music.

Note that Media Sync will only sync non-DRM protected music. If the album was a regular iTunes purchase, it will not sync. Only iTunes+ music will sync.

Also note that Media Sync wipes your music each time you sync. You can't just add a new playlist, you have to make sure all previous playlists are checked as well.

Finally, BB's are not USB 2.0 devices. If you plan to sync a lot of music it will take a while.
    Last edited by wnm; 10-07-08 at 01:27 PM.
    10-07-08 01:25 PM
    Well thank you wnm. I did what you said, and it is working. Not the easiest solution, but it works. Now, I will just make every album a playlist and it works out fine.
    10-15-08 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD