I disabled the password and now roxio is not asking for a password but its not showing me info on the BB neither.
    07-11-08 05:59 PM
    I disabled the password and now roxio is not asking for a password but its not showing me info on the BB neither.
    ok, now we're getting somewhere.

on your computer, go to start > control panel > administrative tools > computer management > disk management (in the left pane)

you'll see your phone as RIM USB device drive. right click it and change the drive letter to any letter between E: and Z: that isnt already currently used (doulecheck in My Computer)

this should solve your problem.
    07-11-08 06:07 PM
    It doesn't change anything. I still can't see the stuff on their through roxio.

I'll try the "accessing it as acting as USB"

I use my phone as a modem so I can't unplug, plug all the time.

Thanks and I'll keep trying and asking questions along the way.
    Last edited by Morenina; 07-11-08 at 06:17 PM.
    07-11-08 06:14 PM

I'll try the "accessing it as acting as USB"
    i thought we already set that. there's two under options > media card that have to deal with access as a mass storage device. make sure they're both "yes" and turn off any encryption, if any.
    07-11-08 06:16 PM
    I cannot do the clean installation because it requires me to take off many other programs like Microsoft Office and things like that.

It did not come with my computer so its a program I obtained by other means.

I'll see what I can do and thank you for all of your suggestions.
    07-11-08 06:32 PM
    I cannot do the clean installation because it requires me to take off many other programs like Microsoft Office and things like that.

It did not come with my computer so its a program I obtained by other means.

I'll see what I can do and thank you for all of your suggestions.
    um, i nevr mentioned reinstalling windows... i was just talking about DM and MM.
    07-11-08 06:35 PM
    I clicked on the link you provided me which made me click on another link on that page, and on that page it says, to do a clean installation, you must remove other programs such as Microsoft Office.

I did not understand it as a windows installation, I understood what you said the first time.
    07-11-08 06:37 PM
    I followed every step you provided for me and no such luck.

What else can I do?
    07-12-08 06:17 PM
    i got the same problem and I Google and I found this thread.
    Sad no one know the answer.

But I did solved my problem:

1. disconnect usb and then reconnect.
    2. a dialog pops up on blackberry asking for "mass storage mode", do not touch it. Opening this may be the cause.
    3. try media manager again, it works now.
    4. Also try to kill process of bbdevman and rimdevman, they are not needed for media manager.

Your problem may vary, but worth a try
    01-15-11 03:33 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD