While I was using Roxio Media Manager trying to free up space on the device memory by moving files to the Media Card, I moved over my ringtones to a file on the media card. Then my ringtones did not work. So I moved back the ringtones to the device memory and they still do not work. The error message that I get says "The media being played is of an unsupported format". Any suggestions?

UPDATE: THIS MIGHT BE CAUSE FOR WARNING. The same thing happened to some of my music files. Looks like it may have something to do with media protection software in the files so that they can not be copied. In essence, this means you can not back up your files, you can not move files around on your computer. I will investigate with the possible perpetrators, which are currently Yahoo! Music, BPlay.com and T-Mobile ringtones. Note that I have no problems and there is no "security" software with Amazon.com music. Depending on my conversations with those other companies, I am tempted to start a warning/Do not purchase list and a safe list so that people do not waste their money.
    Last edited by mdattorney; 12-29-07 at 07:51 PM. Reason: UPDATE, WARNING
    12-29-07 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD