I have tried to do a search with no luck.

I have an 8310 with AT&T as the provider. I have installed the Desktop Manager and I can synch email, back up, move pictures with no problems.

The problem I am having is trying to move short video clips of my kids from my PC to my phone. They are around 5 to 6 mb and I have 1.8 GB available on my media card. Every time I try to move a video it claims there isn't enough space. If I am understanding the system, it is attempting to save the video to the device memory, how can I get it to save to the media card?

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Chris
    11-26-07 09:23 AM
    Have you selected the folder on your SD card in the Media Manager window.
    I believe the My Videos folder location defaults to the device so you may have browse down to the SDcard folder.
    I'm not looking at mine right now, but I know I initially had to make sure I changed my folders that I was moving media to be in the SD Card directory.

From there when you go into the Video application it should pull your videos in.
    11-26-07 09:35 AM
    In the Media Manager it shows my Black Berry (device memory) withe the sub folders of music, video, pictures, and ringtones. Under that is another folder labeled Removable Disk (:E) but it doesn't let me click, open, or expand this folder. I assume the (:E) is the memory card, but I could be wrong. Is there a setting that needs to be changed to access the memory card?

Thanks,
    Chris
    11-26-07 10:14 AM
    Also I have checked my device and seems the pictures I am able to to transfer to the device all go to the device memory and not the card memory. I was able to transfer a video to device memory by it was only 4MB, anything at 5MB or larger won't transfer.
    11-26-07 10:15 AM
    Yes go into Tools>Settings>Options>Media Card and make certain Media card support is ON
    Mass Storage Mode Support is ON.

I also have the setting: Auto Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt
    11-26-07 10:16 AM
    What format is the video in?
    I was able to put a 10MB (Mpeg format) video on my SD card via using the Mass Storage mode.
    11-26-07 10:20 AM
    I had all of those same settings on too...I am trying to move a .avi file and a .mpg.
    11-26-07 11:11 AM
    Thanks for your help Lover I have it figured out. I saw a similar thread on this problem and someone posted the following solution and it worked.

Set your device to the setting Lover mentioned before. Connect your phone to the PC...disconnect all USB cables except the one for your phone...restart the PC and it should show up.

The theory was that other cameras, printers, etc that had storage cards and that were connected to the PC were causing interfenence.

Thanks again Lover!
    11-26-07 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD