I have had my blackberry 8320 for almost two months now. I got the tech at the tmobile store to put in the microsd card I bought, the day I received my phone. Last week I started getting a message saying that my card wasn't formatted and to format it so that it would work properly. I have used it prior to this message and now I am noticing that pictures are gone, appointments are gone, etc. Is it just a simple format issue? How do I format it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 05:10 PM
    Try hooking it up to your computer via the usb cable. Make sure mass storage mode is enabled. Copy all the pictures and music..and so forth to somewhere on your pc. Then disconnect from the pc. On your device go to options/media card then hit menu key and seleft format. Now hook back up to the pc and put everything back.
    06-21-09 05:30 PM
    to format the card, plug your berry into your comp and drag and drop all the files from the media card to your desktop(this will save the files for after you format. formatting deletes the files off the card). then, unplug the berry, go to options>media card>menu>format card. then plug your berry back in and replace all the files you dragged and dropped.

i do, however think that your problem with deleted stuff is not a media card issue.. its probably a file free issue(device memory). go to options>status and if the # you see next to "file free" is below 12,xxx,xxx then a simple battery pull and deleting some unused apps/texts/emails would help a lot..
    06-21-09 05:35 PM
    These are the instructions I used to fix that same problem on my 8320. I didn't have to take the card out of my phone to do this and I haven't had the problem since 1. Plug your phone into your computer.2. Double click on My Computer on your desktop3. Right click on the MicroSD (card driver)4. Select Properties 5. Choose Tools tab.6. Click on Check Now button7. Check the box Automatically fix file system errors 8. Check also the box Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors 9. Click Start button and let it r�n 10. Done, your microsd card is safe to use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD