Hey guys I'm trying to switch a media card from my girlfriends env to her curve. When I put the card in nothing shows up on the berry but it is showing on the lg. Do I have to reformat the card and if I do that will the media on the card be erased? Thanks for any help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 09:58 PM
    If you can, copy the contents (using the LG) to the PC. Put the
    card in the BlackBerry and format it. Once that is done copy the
    contents from the PC to the BlackBerry.
    10-30-08 10:01 PM
    My card read fine w/o formatting coming from the Voyager. Took me a few times inserting it before it read it though.

10-30-08 10:54 PM
    My card worked as well. For some reason her card is not working. For example the ringtones are showing up but when you preview them they preview as something completelt different normally bb notifier2. Any idea what might be causing this problem.

10-30-08 11:06 PM
    Formatted again and it seems to be working now

10-30-08 11:12 PM
    I had issues going from the dare to the curve. Video player wouldn't work right, ringtones would download and save but wouldn't play from card, copied contents from card to comp and then formatted in curve and now it works great. Loaded stuff back on and into right folder and like I said, works great. Helps to have a usb card reader or built in reader in your computer.

10-31-08 12:38 AM
    So here's the update. When I loaded just the picrures and any mp3 tones onto her card everything would show up and work fine. However if I loaded any of her other ringtones most of which were midi files the whole thing would crap out. The pics wouldn't show up and the rings would play incorrectly. Any idea why this is? Does the curve media player not recognize midi?

10-31-08 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD