So I will apologize in advance if this is a re-post but when I do a search all I get for hits are lots of people taking videos and then not being able to watch them. My problem is a little different.

I upgraded to O/S 4.5.0.89 from the Telus 4.3.x.x and I've noticed that since this has happened some (not all) of my MPEG4 videos will not play on my 8330. I had no issues before the upgrade. These same vids were ALL perfectly playable in v4.3 so I don't know if they would remove codecs from the new release -- am considering downgrading since HTML email is not worth no longer having "Entourage" Marathons in the Server room.. haha

Anyone else in the same or similar boat?
    01-07-09 06:49 PM
    So I will apologize in advance if this is a re-post but when I do a search all I get for hits are lots of people taking videos and then not being able to watch them. My problem is a little different.

I upgraded to O/S 4.5.0.89 from the Telus 4.3.x.x and I've noticed that since this has happened some (not all) of my MPEG4 videos will not play on my 8330. I had no issues before the upgrade. These same vids were ALL perfectly playable in v4.3 so I don't know if they would remove codecs from the new release -- am considering downgrading since HTML email is not worth no longer having "Entourage" Marathons in the Server room.. haha

Anyone else in the same or similar boat?
    Yeah actually it did happen to me as well. Odd thing was i just deleted the vids off the curve, rebooted and put them back on it after still having them on my pc. worked fine after that.

Super is an excellent tool to transcode videos for the BB
    01-07-09 08:20 PM
    Still having this issue. I have tried re-copying the files from my Desktop PC to the Media Card, same result. I even tried re-encoding a video that worked previously on 4.3 using the same settings, no joy. Played with the settings to encode with different fps, and codecs and still no joy.

So far the ONLY thing that has worked is copying the MP4 with the Roxio Media Manager and using the Optimize option.

I hate Roxio WITH A PASSION, and am dead-set on finding a solution to this issue which will allow me to copy the files from my desktop to the media card using a simple copy command... Just like I was able to do with OS 4.3

Roxio is cumbersome and slow and not worth the hassle imho
    02-15-09 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD