I have an 8Gb media card for my BB Curve 8310. When I went and formatted it, it is displaying less then 4Gb of memory available. Any ideas?
    02-07-09 03:09 PM
    Format it on your pc first, see what I gets you. If its ok(~8gb), then install again and check it. If its ok again then have your bb format it anyways and see if it gets you some extra space, mine did. If not more info may help.

Also, what make/model of card is it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 03:42 PM
    Did you format it in the phone or pc?

02-07-09 03:57 PM
    ScanDick Mirco SDHC

Also how do I go about formatting it on my PC first?
    02-07-09 05:06 PM
    ScanDick Mirco SDHC

Also how do I go about formatting it on my PC first?
    A lot of times the SDHC cards come with an SD adapter. Then you just insert it into a card reader. The adapters can be pretty useful.

02-07-09 05:13 PM
    To the OP, what OS version are you using on your phone?

You most likely need to update it in order to get the phone to see all of the space on the card.
    02-07-09 05:24 PM
    To the OP, what OS version are you using on your phone?

You most likely need to update it in order to get the phone to see all of the space on the card.
    The OP put 4.5 in the thread title.
    02-07-09 05:27 PM
    It came with an adapter but I don't have a slot on my computer for the adapter, it wasn't a usb adapter. I also just upgraded to 4.5 because AT&T actually released it finally.
    02-07-09 07:02 PM
    For some reason, there have been a lot of threads lately relating to problems with the media cards not being recognized, unable to format, etc. on OS 4.5
    02-07-09 07:05 PM
    This sucks
    02-07-09 07:14 PM
    Take it back and get a new one. That makes no sense for it to lose more than around 1Gb to formatting.

If I remember correctly, you don't even need to format it formally. You should just pop it in and it will be recognized. ??
    02-07-09 07:29 PM
    Sorry was gone for a while. In response to the last poster, why would would I take it back. It seems more so like something is wrong maybe with the phone and reading it. When I did go to format it the card it showed that it had 3.8 gb already but when i formatted it didn't change. Even though 4.5 is suppose to be able to read up to 8gb of memory, maybe there is something wrong with the update AT&T released?
    02-11-09 03:46 PM
    Its more likely something is wrong with the card or the formatting than with the phone. Take it back or format it in a computer and try again.

02-11-09 03:53 PM
    I use a 8GB sandisk micro SDHC in my 8310. When I first got it my OS was 4.2 and only recognised 3.7GB I think, however since upgrading to 4.5 it now displays 7.5GB.

I did initally insert it in to my PC via the USB adapter it came with and formatted it with that though. I did this again once I upgraded to v4.5 aswell due to having been using it for something else at the time and wanting to wipe it.
    02-11-09 04:02 PM
    Too bad I don't have a usb adapter.
    02-12-09 04:27 PM
    You can format it with your pc.. Through your blackberry. Enable Mass Media Storage..
    02-12-09 04:31 PM
    Take it back and get a new one. That makes no sense for it to lose more than around 1Gb to formatting.

If I remember correctly, you don't even need to format it formally. You should just pop it in and it will be recognized. ??

I had a bad 8GB card and sent it back and replacement has been working great for many months.
    02-12-09 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD