everyone, or I should say majority of the people doing this upgrade (8310 4.5 os) are having issues one way or another.

I just did a quick run through of the stick to update the 8310 with 4.5 and I saw tons of people having issues. I really would love 4.5 but all those issues makes me think twice.

I have bought like 5 themes from bplay also and I'm afraid these will stop working if I do upgrade. If thats the case, along with the risk of facing issues, I think it might not be worth it. I might as well wait til ATT releases it. That should be soon right?

What do you guys think?
    10-22-08 12:01 AM
    I updated my os about a month ago and I have no problems whatsoever

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 12:03 AM
    edit *I just did a quick run through of the sticky with instructions to update the 8310 with 4.5*
    10-22-08 12:06 AM
    I did mine a week and a half ago and haven't had any problems. I've even added several 3rd apps.
    10-22-08 12:11 AM
    I have run every Beta and every Official 4.5 that have been
    released and by and large most never stayed on my phone for
    more than an hour.

I have had problems with dropped calls, random reboots, t/ball
    and keyboard completely freezing if the phone was untouched
    for more than 2 or so minutes and many other issues.

Hopefully the official release from AT&T will function properly or
    I am going to be an ex-BB user until the Javelin in released.
    10-22-08 12:15 AM
    I haven't had any problems using 4.5 at all.

10-22-08 02:16 AM
    I read so many threads of people that installed 4.5 and having issues. I have yet to have any type of issues, but I only had it installed for 3 weeks now.

oh maybe one, it took some help from the forums but I couldn't get HTML email. Got it fixed though.
    10-22-08 07:38 AM
    to answer your question about themes not working after the upgrade. If the ones you downloaded are for 4.2 yes will NOT work, you will have to have themes compatible with 4.5
    10-22-08 07:44 AM
    to answer your question about themes not working after the upgrade. If the ones you downloaded are for 4.2 yes will NOT work, you will have to have themes compatible with 4.5

Some of my older 4.2 themes do work with my 4.5.. should I say Most work.. I dont know why, but they do, and Im happy about that..

Ive had no issues whatsoever with the new OS.. I D/L it to my other curve, fiance has that now, and I have a new one, and D/L to that also... both smooth, no issues, everything went great.. no regrets
    10-22-08 07:51 AM
    Well then I stand corrected, I have heard from some other people that when they upgraded try switching themes and brought on a world of headaches.

I guess its just hit or miss sometimes with the themes. Give it shot who knows if they will work or bring on problems.
    10-22-08 07:56 AM
    Well then I stand corrected, I have heard from some other people that when they upgraded try switching themes and brought on a world of headaches.

I guess its just hit or miss sometimes with the themes. Give it shot who knows if they will work or bring on problems.

I think it is a case of hit or miss, as I also have read posts about missing icons etc, and I can pretty much say its a conflict with themes and OS from what Ive read, buuutt... yeah, my older themes still work LOL

The good thing is.. you can always remove them if they dont work
    10-22-08 08:01 AM
    I've gone through 3 or 4 versions of 4.5...happy as can be with it. I've had 0 issues(aside from my first update, but was user error caused) with 4.5.

Plus the process is reverable if you don't like the upgrade.

10-22-08 08:08 AM
    No probs whatsoever on my 4.5 upgrade. Done 2 in the last 3mths (one unbranded, the other a TMobile official).

10-22-08 02:11 PM
    No problems for me and have done my third upgrade to .93 Other than the volume issue on .55 things have been fine and better, faster and more fulfilling with each upgrade.
    10-22-08 02:25 PM
    thanks for all your input guys, I think i might have to try this.
    10-25-08 04:41 PM
    i cannot send or receive MMS messages on my 8310 with 10.5.55 any one else having this issue or even know how i can fix it? Thanks
    10-25-08 05:12 PM
    Hi all! i have 10.5.55 on my 8310 and have had it on for a few months, but i cannot send or receive MMS messages. ( i am on ATT) does .93 fix this or does anyone here know how to get this working?

also where can i find .93
    Thanks.
    10-25-08 05:17 PM
    I've done the upgrade to 4.5 three times. Twice on Pearls and once on a Curve. No problems out of the 3!

10-25-08 08:33 PM
    I've used all of the betas (that have been released) since 4.5.0.10 thru 4.5.0.93. For the most part, I have not had any major issues with any of the betas. If you go thru the beta forums, you will see a laundry list of issues that some members have had - including the issues listed by AG. I will tell you that I have no regrets using the betas. Most of the betas have become "official" releases by different carriers without any changes- except for changing the title from beta to official.

IMO, if you or anyone else are questioning whether or not to upgrade to a newer OS (beta or official), my suggestion will be don't do it - until some time has been spent reviewing the PROs and CONs of upgrading. In other words, do some research prior to upgrading. A lot of members have taken the time to provide guidance to help members thru all types of issues on here - including upgrading the OS. I've PMed betas to a "lot" of members on here. So, I'm simply suggesting wait until you're comfortable with initializing the upgrade. Whatever you decide, help is here
    10-25-08 09:24 PM
    Hi all! i have 10.5.55(?) on my 8310 and have had it on for a few months, but i cannot send or receive MMS messages. ( i am on ATT) does .93 fix this or does anyone here know how to get this working?

Thanks.
    You need to verify that you have the BB data plan.

Resend service books, and a battery pull.

Still not working, check your signal>
    Do you have edge or EDGE? If you just have edge, go to Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Find the BOLD one > Menu > Register.

If all else fails, call your service provider from a different phone and let them troubleshoot the line. Hope this helps.
    10-25-08 09:40 PM
    Thanks.
    Check your PMs
    10-25-08 09:46 PM
    wa wa weee waaa

So I went against my gut feeling of just waiting it out till att released the official version of the update. But because I am me, I went ahead and tried it out anyways.

The update is finished and then I just soiled myself. Because now the BB is frozen. It starts but I cant move trackball, cant select anything so I'm all effed up.

But after about, no exaggeration, 8 battery pulls in a 2 hour span. The phone just started to work fine and everything looks good. But wow, i cant describe how crazy I got for those two hours. I mean, I know I can easily reverse it but I felt a low point in my life, escp because i thought this could happen.

But everything looks good, no issues as of yet. All themes work on new os.

Anyone got a quick link to a thread which describes the biggest upgrades to 4.5?

I know video recording and html emails. I do see the new email setup and interface but I'm not really sure its html style emails. All my emails are just still text and look the same way they did as before.

Any suggestions anyone?
    10-27-08 10:39 AM
    4.5 has been great for me, save for a few adjustments that were needed when I first upgraded. I really like the new OS- my third party apps work fine as do themes I have downloaded. I do recommend trying it- u can always downgrade if you need to. Just be sure to back up your bb before upgrading and follow the istructions carefully. Good luck!

10-27-08 11:30 AM

Anyone got a quick link to a thread which describes the biggest upgrades to 4.5?

I know video recording and html emails. I do see the new email setup and interface but I'm not really sure its html style emails. All my emails are just still text and look the same way they did as before.

Any suggestions anyone?
    I know that html email will only work on new messages, not ones that were on your device prior to the upgrade. Also, resend your service books just to make sure everything is working properly.

10-27-08 12:46 PM
    I know that html email will only work on new messages, not ones that were on your device prior to the upgrade. Also, resend your service books just to make sure everything is working properly.

Thanks man. I just read this on another post and set it up and it worked out perfect.
    10-27-08 01:07 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD