This may be a dumb question but is the 8330 that much more reliable than the Storm is?

I've used the 8330 in the past as well as the pearl and the 8703e. I'm not going to lie, I liked the bells and whistles of the Storm but it is really starting to get on my nerves reliability wise. I'm tired of the memory leak and the constant lagging and glitches. Plus I'm tired of continuously having to tweak my phone in order to work the way it is expected to work.

I was thinking about taking my girlfriends 8330 that she isn't using, although it is pink and I have to really consider that.

Or get an 8830 WE.

Not sure thought if I even want to leave the Storm. It is like a love/hate relationship.

I would appreciate any advice though.

Thanks in advance.
    04-01-09 01:29 AM
    Take your GF's 8330, you can buy a full housing for it for $40.

Wait out the release of the Niagara.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 01:32 AM
    I'm with you man. I love/hate my Storm wanna get an iphone yet don't wanna turn my back on the Storm.

As someone said get a housing and use the Curve until the Storm get the OS update it deserves (if it ever comes, i still can't believe .113 is the "Gold Code")

Curve is a VERY solid BB.
    04-01-09 01:35 AM

Yeah, I'm with xlide. Wait for the niagra

04-01-09 01:40 AM

I didn't even think about replacing the housing. That's a really good idea.

And I can sell my Storm or keep it around for a while if the fabled Gold Code ever does come out, just in case.

I might wait a bit to see how the Niagra fairs. I think I might have learned my lesson with adopting new equipment right away.
    04-01-09 01:54 AM
    Yeah, Curve would be the way to go, pretty decent and stable device. Really lovin 4.5 now.

Maybe one day, they'll get the storm figured out, but for now, no sense driving yourself nuts!

04-01-09 01:59 AM
    I didn't even think about replacing the housing. That's a really good idea.
    I guess pink isn't your favorite color?

And I can sell my Storm or keep it around for a while if the fabled Gold Code ever does come out, just in case.
    If you wait till the Niagara releases, you won't get as much for it.

I might wait a bit to see how the Niagra fairs. I think I might have learned my lesson with adopting new equipment right away.
    That's your call... But understandable.

04-01-09 02:04 AM
    Pink suits you.
    04-01-09 02:08 AM
    Pink suits you.
    he's just mad because you are talking about getting rid of that red-headed-stepchild-of-a-phone storm..
    04-01-09 02:23 AM
    he's just mad because you are talking about getting rid of that red-headed-stepchild-of-a-phone storm..
    I'll keep it around so I can beat it when it acts up
    04-01-09 07:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD