My email will not delete off my handheld unless I do it manually, they are fine when deleting from my email server on the laptop, its like it works one way but not the other.

I have been reading and reading trying to get this option to work

I just opened my desktop manager and under sync, config, the box to config is grey, I cant click on it to config with messages on desktop, maybe thats why.. any insight? and if so.. how can I get to that optoin on desktop manager

Also, what is default sync under the same tab mean?
    09-06-08 12:57 PM
    If you are using Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) you get full two way, over the air sync. If you are using the internet solution (BIS) I think it depends on what method you are using to integrate your email account - you get either no sync of deletions or one way sync. I havent looked at BIS for a while so maybe this has been changed but certain integration options, such as POP3 dont have the facility anyway.

Desktop Manager isnt used to sync email at all, for BIS users, only Address Book, Calendar, Memos and Tasks can be synced using it.
    09-06-08 01:26 PM
    Ahhhh ok.. I just got to that area on google after 3 days looking for a solution, it does appear it does it only on BES.

09-06-08 01:36 PM
    IMAP is the closest you will come to email sync on BIS and it still won't be completely like BES or even IMAP Idle on a Windows Mobile device.
    09-06-08 02:20 PM
    09-06-08 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD