Ok so I've looked on ebay, decal girl and some other decal skin sites and can't find what I'm looking for without it being a custom decal and paying out the wazoo.

All I want is simply purple. A solid purple.

So what I want to know is have any of you ever thought about or even tried going to an auto decal shop and buying just enough decal in the color you want and cutting it to fit your phone yourself?

What do ya'll think? Doable or not?
    07-21-08 12:22 AM
    That would probably be very time consuming if you consider all the corners and edges and cutouts. DecalGirl skins are less than $10. To me if would be easier to just buy one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 12:25 AM
    I think mygelskins.com has some solid colors

07-21-08 12:26 AM
    Yes, but decalgirl doesn't have a solid purple as of when I last looked. I don't want a pattern, I don't want a picture. I just want a solid color.

Looks like mygelskin doesn't have a solid purple either. I also don't like the thickness of what it seems the gelskin would be.
    07-21-08 12:31 AM
    That's a tough one. If you're really brave you can buy extra housing and paint it. There have been some people here that have done it and one of them even posted a tut.

07-21-08 12:36 AM
    I have access to dozens of colors of vinyl and we have a vinyl plotter at work. Even with all that readily available it would not be worth the time that would be invested doing something like that. You are better off just buying one from decal girl etc. It would be much faster and cheaper that way.

07-21-08 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD