I scoured the manuals and the forums -- can't find the answer.

What's the maximum temperature in which the Curve can safely operate?

Wondering if its safe to take into the sauna --- 160 degrees Fahrenheit -- and just to listen to music as I relax.

Anyone have any definitive information?
    10-16-09 09:09 PM
    Keep device away from moisture and that kind of heat. I think all electronics do not work well in extreme temps....
    10-16-09 09:20 PM
    no good..you wont see it, but moisture will inevitably build up in the phone - can rust metal parts on the inside, build up under the screen, etc.

plus, as plunkingtom said - why even chance burning out the gadget? whatever it might be.
    10-16-09 09:31 PM
    This sauna is not a steam sauna -- dry heat. So not worried about the moisture but good point. I was just wondering what the safe temperature would be -- if its in any official document.
    10-16-09 09:38 PM
    even if there is no steam, condensation can form in the unit based on the temperature change.
    10-16-09 10:11 PM
    Taking something from hot - to -cold - to - hot will cause it to "fog up".
    Dry sauna or wet sauna, hot is hot. I doubt you live in a zero humidity area, so your 'Berry will fog up.
    10-16-09 11:05 PM
    My Blackberry Curve suffered some water damage so everything works except all the buttons. In the past I had a phone that fell into the toilet, lol, and stopped working completely and after a couple of days and being in the oven at 150 F it started working fine. This blackberry i put in the oven for a couple hours at 145 and even though it didnt fix it, it also didnt mess it up more than it already was. So at least 145 is safe, but I would call RIM and ask them. That would be your best bet.
    12-29-10 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD