I need to send a mass text out on a weekly basis. I send one to business and one to friends. Is there a way to group the numbers, under each category, and then send the text separately. There would be approximately 80 people in each group.

Thanks!
    11-23-08 10:59 PM
    i think the program is called reply2all
    11-23-08 11:04 PM
    You can create a group address for SMS text messages. I don't know what the group size limit is. I saw a post a while back that said it was 30 entries, but I created a test group larger than that without a problem. The problem is, you have to add the contacts to the groups one at a time. It's tedious to set up, but fast to use afterwards.
    11-23-08 11:18 PM
    ya i couldn't find that program...
    11-23-08 11:43 PM
    Spoke with Verizon Tech Support about the mass texting issue. They have a rule that you cannot send out more than 10 texts at one time. So, if you have a group categorized more than 10, and put it in the To: line of a text message, it will not send.

This is a rule developed because customers complained about spam. Spam affects their # of text messages per month, which they are limited to.

This is too bad, because texting is a great business and friend communicator tool. Say you are throwing a party, texting a 100 people the night before would be ideal. (There are a million different scenarios where the speed of text, being sent to a large group of people, is more effective then an email.) Hopefully in the future...
    11-25-08 08:32 AM
    I certainly respect Verizon's position on spam. I wasn't aware they limited group texts. If you search the forums, you'll find a guy who claims to send 1 000 texts. Maybe he's not with Verizon. Or maybe he's the reason for Verizon's policy!

For your party scenario, where it's a one-time event, you could just as easily make 10 groups of 10.

For business communications, I always prefer email.
    11-25-08 09:21 AM
    11-25-08 09:43 AM
    I have a group with around 180 people and it work on Orange in the uk.

But I am looking for an application, where I don't need to add people to a group and can tick them in the contacts like you can do it in the nokia contacts
    04-25-09 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD