Normally when you plug your BB into the computer via USB the BB will prompt you about using the BB as a mass storage device (MSD) or not. I must have accidentally selected the do not show again check box and then proceeded to click the do not use as a mass storage device. However now I need to use as a MSD...how can I reverse this setting so that I can use the device as a MSD again. Thanks for any help.

Still cannot connect to PocketMac on my MacBook Pro OS 10.5.2, even after reading and all the treads and Uninstalling Pocket mac, deleating all Kext files and anything in my machine that says Blackberry or PocketMac, emptying trash rebooting and reloading both PocketMac and the updated driver. Any other help is appreciated.... Here's what I followed.

Basically what you have to do is follow these steps:
    Go To:
    >Macintosh HD
    >System
    >Library
    >Extensions
    >Delete the files called "BlackberryUSB.kext" and "BlackberryUSBDev.kext"
    >Empty the Trash
    >Re-Install the driver updates from the Blackberry Website
    >Restart Comp
    >Plug in the BB first
    >Go to the PocketSync APP
    >Click on the BB icon.

I've gone through this process and other similar threads atleast 8 times now...with no luck.
    05-30-08 04:27 PM
    Options > Media Card > Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected
    Set to Yes or Prompt
    05-30-08 08:26 PM
    Thanks SilverSurfR,

found it...

Anyone with further help on the link between a curve and MacBook Pro 10.5.2?
    05-30-08 09:08 PM
    are you d/l
    PocketMac v4.0.20b for BlackBerry
    or
    PocketMac Driver update -- DriverUpdate.dmg
    from the blackberry site?

I just d/l the PocketMac v4.0.20b for BlackBerry from the blackberry website, installed it, and was able to do a successful sync. After fixing the mass storage device problem, do you at least see a new drive when you connect usb to your mac?

Using a macmini to try and reproduce your problem. my main pc is a windows machine.
    05-30-08 10:49 PM
    SilverSurfR,

The Curve definatly mounts now to the Mac once I turned the Mass storage back on.

As to the d/l (which I believe means downloading?)

I downloaded both PocketMac v4.0.20b and the Driver update. I've never installed PocketMac prior to the purchase of this Curve (1week ago)...I've always had a BB for work and the IT dept. synced via enterprise server. Now with the purchase of the curve...I want to sync mainly my address book and iCal.
    05-30-08 11:07 PM
    sorry. yeah i always use d/l to mean download, downloading, downloaded.

I suggest installing Pocketmac first (if it isn't installed already), then driver update (which i didn't bother with).
    Once everything is installed connect berry, and open Pocketmac.
    Should see 3 icons, .mac, berry, and sync. Click on the berry, and under you should see a bar with status, contacts, calendar, etc... Click on contacts, check the box that says "Sync contacts between..." then click on the apps you want to sync with. In your case you mentioned Address Book. Click the check box next to that and you should be all set. You can set advanced options for 2 way sync, overwrite device, or overwrite mac, as well as categories you want to sync. Rinse and repeat for calendar, tasks, notes... You get the picture.
    05-30-08 11:29 PM
    Here are a few things to give you a heads up on what I am seeing.

Once I connect my BB and open PocketMac Sync Manager (PMSM) I click first on Status...I see Device: with blank space after it then Status: with "Available" after it. This imediatly tells me I am not connected because It should recognize my device.

Second...just incase that is a glich I check all the settings I want and hit the Sync button. When I do that I get an error.

Blackberry Syncronize device failed

[01:02:40.076] Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 1); skipping.

Same thing everytime
    05-31-08 12:03 AM
    I'm just not getting that with my 8320. Stupid question but did you restart after installing PMSM?
    05-31-08 02:20 AM
    Ha Ha,

yeah restarted after deleting everything and after reloading...such a shame not to be able to connect.
    05-31-08 10:17 PM
    I bet you could use a laugh right about now...

"Unlike other computers that require you to spend hours configuring devices, a Mac connects to your digital camera, wireless device, or external drive and just works. Really." --http://www.apple.com/getamac/whymac/

perhaps try asking for help in the mac forum. or ask that this be moved there so you don't have to start a new thread. Sorry I wasn't of more use.
    Last edited by SilverSurfR; 05-31-08 at 11:46 PM.
    05-31-08 11:44 PM
    SilverSurfR,

That is a great laugh...Ive never had a prob with connecting anything....matter of fact I have an older BB (for work on an BES network) and it connects to PocketMac no problems...

Its wierd...if you come up with any other suggestions I'd love your help.

Thanks for everything.
    06-02-08 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD