...windows live email, (Looks like the outlook knock off)...
    This is a BB program?

I think I've run across the down side to my "well, I THOUGHT it was clever!" e-mail setup. If my roadrunner account is not set up in BIS, of course the BB can't delete messages from the roadrunner server, it doesn't know it exists.

Roadrunner is a straight-up vanilla POP3 account. What I wanted was those e-mails to show up on my BB--but right after they arrive at roadrunner.com, not up to 15 minutes later.
    12-19-08 08:44 AM
    No, its windows, on my laptop, instead of logging into hotmail.com I did the windows live thing, ya cant sync to it, but i get emails all day long, so have that open and minimized.
    I also added my gmail to it, you can add accts, I never use my gmail, occasionally get messages, but I use windows live for it as I never log onto gmail, so those messages i would have gotten will be unanwered LOL so I added it.
    12-19-08 08:46 AM
    You should be able to set it up from msn.com, I did it that way.
    12-19-08 08:47 AM
    Gotcha. The only time I'm checking e-mail on my BB is when I'm away from my laptop, which is most of the time.

I really need to re-think my e-mail setup, because I'd like to be able to clear mail out from the BB and not have a bajillion messages POPped down (that I've already read and deleted from the BB) when I get home and turn on the mail client (I use Thunderbird). Seems the only way is to have my Roadrunner account set up in BIS, which then means not forwarding it to blackberry.com, which means living with my BB not seeing e-mail until as long as 15 minutes after the fact. Maybe I should just be more patient.
    12-19-08 08:51 AM
    Well, I left early (lab shutting down because of advancing snow storm), and just set up Roadrunner in BIS. As you probably already knew, now delete from the server works a treat. I'm just going to school myself to live with less-than-instant e-mail delivery on my BB.
    12-19-08 10:47 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD