People would likely not feel inclined to consider lawsuits and get frustrated if their issues were not attempted to be trivialized, marginalized or simply told things work fine playing and easily converting video files to play on blackberry phones, when there are obviously many peoples blackberry phones having issues with all these things.

While spending too much time the past week researching through many bb related forums on this and related bugs and poor design ( this is not an inappropriate criticism, it is a fact many, many currrent and former bb users have been forced to deal with when buying blackberrys ) to try to solve issues that should not be such a hassle in a brand new phone to begin with, it is apparent there are very many people having similar issues with BlackBerry phones, their video capabilities being buggy at best, os not working well, etc..

Saying "it's simple to convert them to many formats, and most of them will work just fine." is flatly not the case as shown by my and so many other people posting about such consistant issues and complications of BlackBerry phones that are not nearly as complicated or buggy on many other companies phones.
    One could hardly call the 8330 a "new" device. May be sold as new, and new to you, but let's be realistic if we're going to complain about a product. I've had my 8100 for almost 2 years now, and I have never had any difficulty converting a file to work on it. If you find the devices so tedious, please get an iphone and move on, but the rest of us can drag, drop and convert just fine. You have spent far more time complaining about your problem, than it would have taken to solve your problem. Have you even tried either program you've been given a link to?

I find it hard to believe someone can find CrackBerry using Google,
    yet couldn't find their "heat seeking moisture missile" in a speedo once they get here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 06:20 PM
    Are you kidding again? Spent more time complaining ( being frustrated at the buggy bb and that attitude from bb representatives ) than solving various bugs and unclear design of bb?! Silly!
    - have spent close to 50 times more time reading bb near useless, automated help site, bb forums and searches and occasionally asking for specific help than I've been writing here. And this "complaining" is being humanly frustrated with the casual, if you don't like being ripped off with our buggy merchandise and "its easy" line from bb employees attitudes.
    Though you seem to ignore this reality for some reason.

One could hardly call the 8330 a "new" device. May be sold as new, and new to you, but let's be realistic if we're going to complain about a product. I've had my 8100 for almost 2 years now, and I have never had any difficulty converting a file to work on it. If you find the devices so tedious, please get an iphone and move on, but the rest of us can drag, drop and convert just fine. You have spent far more time complaining about your problem, than it would have taken to solve your problem. Have you even tried either program you've been given a link to?

yet couldn't find their "heat seeking moisture missile" in a speedo once they get here.

10-10-09 06:41 PM
    Are you kidding again? Spent more time complaining ( being frustrated at the buggy bb and that attitude from bb representatives ) than solving various bugs and unclear design of bb?! Silly!
    - have spent close to 50 times more time reading bb near useless, automated help site, bb forums and searches and occasionally asking for specific help than I've been writing here. And this "complaining" is being humanly frustrated with the casual, if you don't like being ripped off with our buggy merchandise and "its easy" line from bb employees attitudes.
    Though you seem to ignore this reality for some reason.
    Well your issue the thread was started for was resolved many posts ago. What other buggy things have you experienced with your inferior device? Let's get them all resolved, so you're a happy camper.

10-10-09 06:51 PM
    BTW, BlackBerry doesn't make devices, nor does it have employees.

Sorry just had to add that! Can't stand the negativity! Hi everyone!
    10-10-09 07:32 PM
    BTW, BlackBerry doesn't make devices, nor does it have employees.

Sorry just had to add that! Can't stand the negativity! Hi everyone!
    Amen rasta, I'd like to give assistance, not be Dr Phil.

10-10-09 09:18 PM
    Well your issue the thread was started for was resolved many posts ago. What other buggy things have you experienced with your inferior device? Let's get them all resolved, so you're a happy camper.

Actually no, the issue I started this thread about is still unresolved.
    The new blackberry 8330 I bought still does not play most of the mp4 files that I have which work great on both my pc and palm centro. They were also created using same software and with same settings as the few that are actually recognized and played by the blackberry 8330 I have.
    Which is why it seems like the blackberry is the issue in this instance, as it is for many other consumers I have read about with similar yet unresolved issues with bb phones.

Thanks for offering constructive, empathetic help when so, that is greatly appreciated.
    10-11-09 02:53 AM
    Actually no, the issue I started this thread about is still unresolved.
    The new blackberry 8330 I bought still does not play most of the mp4 files that I have which work great on both my pc and palm centro. They were also created using same software and with same settings as the few that are actually recognized and played by the blackberry 8330 I have.
    Which is why it seems like the blackberry is the issue in this instance, as it is for many other consumers I have read about with similar yet unresolved issues with bb phones.

Thanks for offering constructive, empathetic help when so, that is greatly appreciated.
    Well the empathy kinda went out the window around here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/man...9/#post3784819

but I'll try once again anyway.

The Palm Centro plays all 3 formats of 3GP, where the 8330 plays 3GP2, since the 8330 is a CDMA. You can read all about the format here:

3GP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and here:

MPEG-4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So if you take all those videos you have, and convert them to 3GP2, or any number of other formats that the 8330 will play, it will work. I they were all set to the exact same format, I don't understand why they would not play. Could you point me to some other threads of people with similar problems.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 10-11-09 at 06:18 AM.
    10-11-09 06:14 AM
    Nope. Reformatting card did not help at all.

Still getting "error playing" and "error has occured attempting to play media", messages., along with no message but video does not play but video player screen just makes blips.

This is a problem with BlackBerry merchandise, apparently.
    I had a Pearl 8130 that did the same thing. I could only get it to play video that I took with the phone. I returned it and got a new one. That fixed the problem. MPG4 files work fine on my new Tour.
    10-11-09 11:59 AM
    Well the empathy kinda went out the window around here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/man...9/#post3784819

but I'll try once again anyway.

The Palm Centro plays all 3 formats of 3GP, where the 8330 plays 3GP2, since the 8330 is a CDMA. You can read all about the format here:

3GP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and here:

MPEG-4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So if you take all those videos you have, and convert them to 3GP2, or any number of other formats that the 8330 will play, it will work. I they were all set to the exact same format, I don't understand why they would not play. Could you point me to some other threads of people with similar problems.
    Yes, I noticed from others posts and from the start that sincere empathy has been missing for the most part, or very limited from people associated with the selling & "support" of blackberry devices and software, toward customers natural frustrations with the buggy phones and often ineffective, canned tech "help" being little more than near blaming the people who purchase the buggy phones for having problems with them. While offering little in the way of actual, concrete help past "they work fine" or they should work fine.

Thread of others with similar problems are easy to find if you just type in a search for blackberry 8330 not playing videos or similar terms.

I dont have time to go search for them and copy & paste their links here now. As too much time has been spent already doing this out of my life.

But thank you sincerely for offering the new thought about the 3gp format, and providing links to that. That may help, as it seems there has been more success using a 3gp conveter last night to get them to play on my bb 8330. Though some of those 3GP files did not play either, so still something a bit unknown buggy with it.

I will read through and explore the advice in the links you provided. Thank you.

Thank you billbobaggins for sharing your similar experiences. Glad to know you got a phone that does work as advertised.
    10-11-09 05:35 PM
    A co-worker had a problem like this. The solution was a bit time consuming, but it turned out Roxio was a solution for him. He ran his videos through Roxio - converting for optimal playback.

10-11-09 05:50 PM
    No, still they do not play as much or more than they do play in this new blackberry 8330 curve.

I give up on it. Time to take it back to store for a refund and get a different phone, probably from a different company.

Thanks to those who understand and respect consumers appropriate frustration in such instances, and offered real, constructive help and advice rather than just saying they work.
    10-11-09 08:09 PM
    No, still they do not play as much or more than they do play in this new blackberry 8330 curve.

I give up on it. Time to take it back to store for a refund and get a different phone, probably from a different company.

Thanks to those who understand and respect consumers appropriate frustration in such instances, and offered real, constructive help and advice rather than just saying they work.
    Just humor me, and convert them to AVI.
    10-11-09 08:51 PM
    This smells like troll-fu to me. I'm not sure why.

Must be the buggy software floating around.
    10-12-09 01:04 AM
    They really are not playing. And these are the same mp4 videos that I had on same microsd card in my palm centro where they played great and reliably.
    But when I put this same card with same videos into my new blackberry curve 8330, it only plays occasional such videos.
    Many, many of these same mp4 videos though, do not play in my bb 8330, and it says "An error has occurred attempting to play media".
    Try using the software that came with the 8330....desktop media manager....pretty basic stuff....have been able to play all mp4s this way .
    FYI, cards may have to be reformatted before working in different of devices...just because it is microsd does not mean that it is formatted correctly for your bb after setup for another device.
    10-12-09 09:32 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD