ok
    well, here's where it gets confusing

my mom had a phone first. she then added one for my sister. then my dad and me...
    so...
    when my mom added my sister, she made my sisters one year, and hers two years. so after my sister finished with one year, she changed her phone to a 5300, but my mom was still on her second year
    so after her second year, she added me and my dad.
    and me and my dad was on a 2 year contract. so tomorrow is going to be the end of my sisters year. and im going to use that to get a new phone because i have a crap phone right now
    confusing
    i will just talk to the t-mobile representative tomorrow i guess

ok so whats gonna happen is they are gonna "upgrade" your line you will get a deal on the phone but probly not $150 if you find a SUPER nice rep at the store you might be able to talk them into it but that would mean them cutting their commission out of the deal all together on the upgrade, you will still get the $100 rebate as long as you add the data plan(data is worth it)

In order for you to get the rebate, you will need to buy the additional BB data plan.
    exactly
    05-27-08 12:25 AM
    so if i dont get the bb plan i wont be able to get the rebate which means i have to pay 250 for the phone?

ARGH
    05-27-08 12:27 AM
    so if i dont get the bb plan i wont be able to get the rebate which means i have to pay 250 for the phone?

ARGH
    pretty much, 250 still isnt bad you cant buy most used curves for that much so getting a brand new one for 250 is good... i paid 450 for mine when i got it no rebate no nothing lol
    05-27-08 12:30 AM
    haha
    alright....
    man....
    my bubble just bursted
    im mad now
    why cant i just get the rebate without the bb plan...
    i guess thats just how it is..
    but dang
    its 100 dollars more
    but wait, if i do it for ONE year, how much will it cost compared to having a 2 year contract?
    05-27-08 12:36 AM
    blackberry plan for tmo is 19.99
    you should be able to get the 150 price w/o a data plan
    i dont think tmo requires it
    i highly recommend it, but if you are gonna use wifi, thats a sound decision also
    05-27-08 12:39 AM
    thanks kickinitlive

but i want to know for sure if i can get it for 150 without data plan..
    i will know tomorrow
    but i cant wait!!!
    i cant sleep!
    argh
    well thanks everyone
    05-27-08 12:41 AM
    seriously?
    when i bought my both the blackberries i have had i was never told that i needed to get the data plan to get any rebate...actually now that im thinking about it i bought my curve, then when i was sitting in my car i decided i wanted to have data so i went back in and signed up for it
    no regrets about that
    05-27-08 12:42 AM
    ohhh ok
    thank you
    now i can sleep
    haha
    thanks!
    05-27-08 12:45 AM

here is the stipulation straight from the rebate form

Requires one of the following activations:
    1. Activation on a voice and data undle of $59.99
    or higher; or 2. Activation on a T-Mobile Individual
    plan of $39.99 or higher per line of service, or a
    Family plan of $49.99 or higher, plus a BlackBerry
    or a Windows Mobile Data Feature Add-on of $9.99
    or higher along with the plan activation.
    seriously?
    when i bought my both the blackberries i have had i was never told that i needed to get the data plan to get any rebate...actually now that im thinking about it i bought my curve, then when i was sitting in my car i decided i wanted to have data so i went back in and signed up for it
    no regrets about that
    but the stipulation stated right on the rebate form is that you have to get a data plan i posted it above again lol, what up paul

heres the rebate for the 8320
    http://www.tmobilerebates.com/shared...559-2793-6.pdf
    Last edited by flairbrtndr3; 05-27-08 at 12:49 AM.
    05-27-08 12:46 AM
    Gonna **** in here... but you should try calling the t-mobile business direct number and getting in on the RIM promo

hxxp://www.blackberry.com/select/smallbusiness/offers/usa.shtml#tmobile
    (can't post urls, change hxxp to http)
    you can find more info on slickdeals, no you don't need to be a small business to take advantage. It's how I got my Berry. I believe the promo pricing is curves for 100, and with the current rebate will be free after.

edit, i know the web page says 199, but it's wrong. you can verify with the salesperson on the phone. Make sure you call the business direct number, regular customer service or 611 can't apply the promo discount.
    Last edited by SilverSurfR; 05-27-08 at 02:00 AM.
    05-27-08 01:56 AM
    40 bucks a month is a big deal....
    i already pay 20 for texting cause it covers my whole family
    and i dont want to pay 60 plus the minutes
    next month t-mo is rolling out a $9.99 add on plan for family plans which is hotspot@hot, free nights and weekends and unlimited text and Tmo to Tmo for $9.99. so you can save some money and get the data plan for the curve and also have the hotspot@hot which will save you mins on you phone.
    05-27-08 09:23 AM
    next month t-mo is rolling out a $9.99 add on plan for family plans which is hotspot@hot, free nights and weekends and unlimited text and Tmo to Tmo for $9.99. so you can save some money and get the data plan for the curve and also have the hotspot@hot which will save you mins on you phone.
    so the 9.99 add on plan would cover the whole family?
    would this add on be able to be used with a family plan with minutes?
    05-27-08 10:11 PM
    Gonna **** in here... but you should try calling the t-mobile business direct number and getting in on the RIM promo

hxxp://www.blackberry.com/select/smallbusiness/offers/usa.shtml#tmobile
    (can't post urls, change hxxp to http)
    you can find more info on slickdeals, no you don't need to be a small business to take advantage. It's how I got my Berry. I believe the promo pricing is curves for 100, and with the current rebate will be free after.

edit, i know the web page says 199, but it's wrong. you can verify with the salesperson on the phone. Make sure you call the business direct number, regular customer service or 611 can't apply the promo discount.

would the salesperson on the phone ask me if i own a small business?
    or will they be like "ok, what plan do you want yadadadada"
    05-27-08 10:14 PM
    I think by rebate you mean rebate form? Also, Tmo BB rebates need you to have a BB data or email plan for sure. The minimum is 9.99/month. If you dont have that activated with ur phone right when you get it, then forget ur rebate...
    05-27-08 10:19 PM
    what do i get from the 9.99 plan?
    05-27-08 10:20 PM
    Unlimited email. No data. But if you have wifi you dont need a data plan because you can browse the net as well as use JiveTalk (for IM) perfectly, w/o additional charges.

EDIT: Unlimited BIS email not BES email. I hope you know what those are...
    05-27-08 10:22 PM
    But considering your Qs, you really need to speak to a Tmo representative and they will answer all your Qs. They're pretty straightforward.
    05-27-08 10:25 PM
    Unlimited email. No data. But if you have wifi you dont need a data plan because you can browse the net as well as use JiveTalk (for IM) perfectly, w/o additional charges.

EDIT: Unlimited BIS email not BES email. I hope you know what those are...

whats bis and bes?
    05-27-08 10:32 PM
    would the salesperson on the phone ask me if i own a small business?
    or will they be like "ok, what plan do you want yadadadada"
    No questions asked. This is how my convo went...

Me: Hello I'm interested in getting a new phone, I have a promo code here. Are you ready?

Rep: Yes.

Me: 7490TMOFAV

Rep: OK. Which phone are you interested in?

Roughly something like that. Keep in mind you need A data plan to qualify for the rebate. Their 9.99 email only plan will work to get you the rebate, and you can cancel after you get the rebate. Although I knew this already, the Tmo rep I spoke too mentioned it as well. You can ask for the pricing for all the different BB's under this promo. Best part is it's only a 1 year contract

Free T-mobile Blackberry Devices (1 or 2 year term required) - SlickDeals.net Forums
    Is where I got the info from.

also, keep in mind MANY big companies already get a discount on handsets and up to 15% off their monthly bill from tmobile. Just tossing that info out there if you didn't know.
    05-27-08 11:43 PM

also, keep in mind MANY big companies already get a discount on handsets and up to 15% off their monthly bill from tmobile. Just tossing that info out there if you didn't know.

what do you mean big companies ALREADY get a discount?
    does that mean i can get a discount or something??

and i just found out my contract ends july 11th. i talked to the people at the store and they said i can end one month early on june 11th if i really want to, i would just have to change my phone number
    so...if i want to use that site you gave me that has a promo code, will i have to wait until july 11th? or will they end my contract early like the people at the t-mobile store said would??

also, if i use the promo code, i wont need to get the data plan to be able to use the promo code..right?
    05-28-08 07:41 PM
    This is quite odd... Last week, when I visited the T-Mobile store to get actually confirmation on the whole rebate thing, they told me that I DID NOT need to purchase any data plan to get the rebates. I was told by the members here that T-Mobile would require a D-Plan to receive the rebates, so I was quite happy to hear this from the rep. But now, I'm kinda confused again.

And someone earlier mentioned that the MIR would be cut by $50 at the end of May? Can anyone confirm?

Also, someone also mentioned about the promo code, and that I did not to be a 'small business owner', but on slickdeals, it says I must be a 'developer'. Can anyone clarify? And do you have to call to get the discounts, or can I go to a T-Mobile store?

I know this is a lot of questions so thanks.
    05-28-08 09:09 PM
    what do you mean big companies ALREADY get a discount?
    does that mean i can get a discount or something??

and i just found out my contract ends july 11th. i talked to the people at the store and they said i can end one month early on june 11th if i really want to, i would just have to change my phone number
    so...if i want to use that site you gave me that has a promo code, will i have to wait until july 11th? or will they end my contract early like the people at the t-mobile store said would??

also, if i use the promo code, i wont need to get the data plan to be able to use the promo code..right?
    Question number 1 - Depends on who you work for... I don't know the entire list, but to name a few that I know, McDonalds, Starbucks, Archstone, Avon, Continental Airlines.

Question number 2 - I'm not quite sure actually. Most of the people on slickdeals seemed to be out of contract when they took advantage of the promotion. I myself needed to upgrade to a family line, so I changed my single user plan to a family plan, and got 2 curves (one for me, one for GF), and kept my current phone. So right now I'm on a family plan with 3 lines.

Question number 3 - The data plan is a requirement for the rebate. Come to think of it, rebate is for "New Activations". Talk to the rep about it though, see if you would qualify. There's no reason to be scared about calling a T-mobile rep, they are the best around IMO. JD Power and Associates seems to think so too. Awards

This is quite odd... Last week, when I visited the T-Mobile store to get actually confirmation on the whole rebate thing, they told me that I DID NOT need to purchase any data plan to get the rebates. I was told by the members here that T-Mobile would require a D-Plan to receive the rebates, so I was quite happy to hear this from the rep. But now, I'm kinda confused again.

And someone earlier mentioned that the MIR would be cut by $50 at the end of May? Can anyone confirm?

Also, someone also mentioned about the promo code, and that I did not to be a 'small business owner', but on slickdeals, it says I must be a 'developer'. Can anyone clarify? And do you have to call to get the discounts, or can I go to a T-Mobile store?

I know this is a lot of questions so thanks.
    Your turn... Here's the rebate form, I would trust IT against anyone's word, terms are clearly outlined. "Offer Requires A Data Feature Attachment"

Question 2 - I have no idea if the rebate would drop back down to 50 after this week.

Question 3a - You don't have to be either of those, I'm certainly not. Although owning my own business has always been a dream of mine. They won't ask where you got the promo code from, if they do (seriously they won't) just say a RIM rep.

Question 3b - You must call the business direct number (1-866-464-8662 (option 3))to take part in the promo offer, or to find out if you qualify for a discount because of your employer.
    05-29-08 12:08 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD