There is only so many ways you can type what I'm talking about in search forums. I think I'm not rehashing an old subject. If I did I'm sorry this forum is huge and I searched for info first. But yeah anybody get what asking about? You can make a new folder in media loader its still shows every single video after disconnect.
    Last edited by FLAMz; 01-23-09 at 11:11 AM.
    01-23-09 10:56 AM
    can you be more clear? i am kind of lost. if you are just trying to make new folders to keep everything separated you can do that, but the video player will always show whatever folders there are that have mpgs in them
    01-23-09 11:17 AM
    Yes... I'm trying to keep things separated.. I made folders in media loader they don't show after disconnecting form pc. I want to make new folders like like this... media>>video>>

(all videos) default
    (my videos) default
    (TV shows) want to add
    (Movies) want to add
    (XXX) want to add (what?)
    01-23-09 12:06 PM
    ooo okay. easiest way to do anything with media is do it thru Mass Storage Mode. dont use the media manager.

make sure to do this in the main blackberry folder>then videos> then whatever.

to enable MSM:

Options>media card> mass storage mode> on

then

Options>media card> auto enable mass storage> on or prompt. i leave mine at prompt.

make sure if you are loading videos that you are using a memory card to do so.
    01-23-09 01:13 PM
    Thank you ChelseyTX ... For trying to help... I think I'm not explaining it right... I suck at explaining things I wish i could just show you.

I can make folders in mass storage mode and through the media manager and they stay there . My settings are the same as yours. But once you disconnect all the titles show in a very long list while you are on the blackberry in normal use. youknowwhatimsayin? I want my folders files to be oragnized when i actually use the phone.

You have these as defaults

All Videos
    My Videos
    Sample Video ( i deleted the sample video but you cant delete this folder).
    01-23-09 03:50 PM
    FLAMz,

I understand what you are trying to do, but as you have discovered, it won't work.

You can organize pictures by making separate folders within the Pictures folder on the Media Card, one folder for wallpaper images for example, and another folder for personal pictures, but making separate folders doesn't seem to work for video files.
    Last edited by dvdfan2k; 01-23-09 at 05:05 PM.
    01-23-09 04:10 PM
    it worked on mine... i have all my graphics (anything not a cam pic) and my cam pics in separate folders and only the ones in " my Pictures" (cam pics) show. everything else shows up in the other folder

it doesnt work by doing it WITHIN the main folder.

BB sd card now looks like this:

BB
    videos
    recordings
    ringtones
    documents
    books
    pictures (cam)
    graphics (anything else)

can give screen shots too.
    Last edited by chelseytx; 01-23-09 at 04:19 PM.
    01-23-09 04:13 PM
    Chelseytx, I tried it your way, with the folder outside the Pictures folder and the results are the same. What you end up with is two selectable folders from within the My Pictures view.
    Last edited by dvdfan2k; 01-23-09 at 05:06 PM.
    01-23-09 04:29 PM
    kk mine didnt work like that (at least i dont think it did)

yea.. i tried it because i hated having to search for my cam images... originally was looking for a way to change the default name and didnt get any response. so i tried this and it worked..

try searching for IMG in over 300 pics... yeah, SO NOT fun!
    01-23-09 04:30 PM
    FLAMz,

Hmm, I just tried to create separate folders inside the Videos folder and it doesn't work like it does for image files.

I wonder why it works for images (jpegs) but not for my 3gp video files?

Looks like I'll have to do some experimentation.
    01-23-09 04:49 PM
    Haven't found a way to make organizing video files in separate folders work.
    01-23-09 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD