I would love to be able to play any music on my phone. I just got a curve 8330 from Verizon, and it will not play any music that I put on the phone at all. I've tried both dragging from iTunes and my computer straight to the music folder and synching with itunemywalkman. The files will go into the music folder, but the blackberry simply displays " *No Songs* " when I attempt to play the music on the phone. I plug it back into the computer, and sure enough the songs are there. I know all about the acceptable file types and have tried them all. There's no problem getting pictures on or off the phone. That part works beautifully. I've tried adding music from a powerbook g4, mac pro, and two pc's, one running xp, and one running vista. I know I must be missing something very simple, but I can't find that info anywhere. Can anybody help me?
    07-12-08 06:45 PM
    If I am not mistaken, doesn't Itunes use AAC mp3's? And if so, I don't think the BB can play AAC since AAC is a form of compression/encryption. Try burning one of your itunes songs onto a regular cd in cd audio format and then compress that song into a plain ole fashioned mp3 - do not use Itunes to do this!!! (goto download . com or something and find a free converter to try) and then copy that song into the music section of your devices memory. I really do believe the issue has to do with the fact the music are in Itunes proprietery format.....

I forgot to ask about a memory card. Are you using a memory card? BTY, I just drag and drop music/pics or whatever to my phone, I dont use the media manager. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by mikeyg164; 07-12-08 at 09:37 PM.
    07-12-08 09:28 PM
    iTunes uses AAC or MP3 which ever you set it up with. I don't know which formats my BlackBerry will play because I just use iTunes and drag whatever songs/albums I want to the desktop media manager and tell it to convert for optimum playback. Works everytime and then you don't have to bother guessing what are the right codecs my berry needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 10:33 PM
    Apples and Berries don't get along.

07-12-08 10:35 PM
    Apples and Berries don't get along.

Yucky,Yucky
    07-12-08 10:52 PM
    get a memory card. then drag and drop using the media manager. it works wonders.
    07-12-08 10:55 PM
    I had the same problem. BB doesn't seem to support Itunes files. I used a.file converter to go to mp3 loaded it directly to my memory card and it works fine.
    07-12-08 10:57 PM
    it has to be an mp3 file not downloaded through itunes. itunes files are mp4 that contain a encrypted file acc. Unless you have a program that strips off the DRM/acc or as some people say convert it to mp3.

here is some info

FairPlay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    07-12-08 11:16 PM
    "I know all about the acceptable file types and have tried them all. There's no problem getting pictures on or off the phone. That part works beautifully. I've tried adding music from a powerbook g4, mac pro, and two pc's, one running xp, and one running vista."

Sorry for the outburst, but it's frustrating when I'm searching for an answer and all I get is a bunch of clowns telling me what I said I already know. By the way, you apple-hating illiterate, did your ADD kick into overdrive before the part where I mentioned my attempts on pc's? You suck. I'll bet you are a racist.

As it turns out, the solution to my problem was to create folders within the music folder on my memory card. Once I created those, it was simply a matter of drag and drop into the last folder. There's the simple step I was missing. Perhaps somebody could explain why there needs to be a gross of folders before the curve recognizes the files (I really only made two folders. The term "gross" was a wild exaggeration. I mean all of this in good fun.)?

You guys are as frustrating as when the cable goes out, and the cable company makes me unplug the cable box fifty times even though that's obviously not the case.
    Last edited by fatnecker; 07-17-08 at 07:34 PM.
    07-17-08 07:24 PM
    Wow dude , you have got a SERIOUS social disorder. Everybody here was trying to help YOU and you do nothing but show blatant disrespect for our efforts...........

07-17-08 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD