MY BLACKBERRY IS AS USEFUL AS A BRICK NOWB

My 8310 refuses to connect to BIS. My bb used to be connected to a BIS service with rogers. I bought the phone new from att (unlocked) and had it fully functional with rogers. I moved overseas and tried connecting it and I could not get it to register the blackberry. My gprs never went GPRS. I ended up buying a new one cause I just can't live with it. I still want to fix this one though.

Most of the advice and research has pointed to my bb having a bes policy for some reason (confirmed by RIM). Don't c how but anything is possible. I have done the following with no success:

-wiped bb
    -upgraded bb os 4.2 to 4.5
    -used regedit to apply new it policy
    -used jl_cmdr to remove policy again
    -wiped again

All these steps have led to failure. My bb seems very clean at the moment. There is no evidence of an it policy or anything else for that matter.

I've been at this now for 2 months. Any help would be appreciated!
    08-11-08 03:38 PM
    MTN Technical Data

MTN is a South Africa based carrier, they published specification seem like a fit for GSM service at 900 MHz.

North America: 850 MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    North America: 1900MHz GSM�/GPRS networks
    Europe/Asia Pacific: 1800MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    Europe/Asia Pacific: 900MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    EDGE networks
    08-11-08 05:51 PM
    so i can assume that the 8310 soesn't work on that band
    08-11-08 05:56 PM
    Thanks for responing guys. I think you are right. It is a South Africa company but thy have service (both mobile and bb) in Cyprus where I am. They only sell the 8300 here so I bought it and it works fine. Don't think its frequency as the mobile aspect of the 8310 works great.
    08-11-08 10:50 PM
    AT&T and Rogers are the same network in Canada. It's called Rogers AT&T, if I'm not mistaken (new name Rogers Wireless). Or they share the same network anyway. Could be that your "unlocked" BB wasn't really "unlocked". You may need to purchase an unlock code.
    08-12-08 04:35 AM
    MTN Technical Data

MTN is a South Africa based carrier, they published specification seem like a fit for GSM service at 900 MHz.

MTN runs both 900 and 1800 GSM service.
    08-12-08 05:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD