I've got the Curve synced with MS Outlook. I usually manage emails on my laptop via MS Outlook. Occaisonally write/respond with my Curve.

Only problem is that everytime I access messages on Curve it defaults to a general mailbox folder that shows inbound/outbound calls, SMS's, and all emails.

Is there anyway I can get Curve show my Inbox as the default? When I manually change the folder to my Inbox it looks just like my MS Outlook inbox. I just want this to be the default so I don't have to manually change it each time.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    11-19-08 02:15 PM
    You can try going to Options / Advanced Options / Default Services and changing Messaging to your BIS account, rather than Desktop, if indeed it is not already set to your BIS account. My problem is that I'm a BES user, and this is one area that's potentially quite different in implementation from BIS.

By design, all messages go to the Messages Folder, as well as to their respective BIS inboxes. You can't turn this off. Some people choose to separate the SMS and email inboxes and hide the Messages folder. The other option (that I prefer) is to let the Message Folder be a one-stop-shop for all message traffic. I don't separate SMS and emails, and I hide the email inboxes. It's user preference, either way.
    11-19-08 10:27 PM
    You are correct that my Messaging (CMIME) is set to Desktop. However, I'm unable to change the option. Desktop is the only selection available. It won't let me change, delete, backspace, or type over it even when I go into Change Option. Might be a fixed setting by corporate IT deptartment?
    11-20-08 07:50 AM
    You are correct that my Messaging (CMIME) is set to Desktop. However, I'm unable to change the option. Desktop is the only selection available. It won't let me change, delete, backspace, or type over it even when I go into Change Option. Might be a fixed setting by corporate IT deptartment?
    If you are a BES user, almost anything is possible, although I've not heard of that specific policy restriction. Is there a small red padlock icon beside the setting? If so, it is locked by your IT Policy and unchangeable by you.
    11-20-08 08:26 AM
    No red padlock icon.

I'll track down one of our BlackBerry IT resources to determine why I can't change it. Appreciate your input on this.
    11-20-08 12:27 PM
    I'm sorry I don't have an other suggestions, but it's very good for you that the function is not locked by an IT Policy. If it was, there would be no way you could fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD