Hey guys, I have been a silent observer of the forums for some time. Big Blackberry fan but grasp little on the technical side of things. I'm starting a thread because I need some help, and although there are many similar threads I can't seem to find one that deals with all of these specifics.
    I had an 8820 from AT&T that got wet this last week and became un-usable. A friend hooked me up with a brand new Curve 8320 from T-Mobile and I paid a local shop to unlock it for me.
    I transferred everything from my old phone to the new one via Desktop Manager.
    My main problem is that when I make or recieve phone calls, shortly into the call you start to hear major static. Similar to the type of disruption that you hear from a computer when your phone is receieving information nearby. After that, the phone completely shuts down, mid-call. This happens within 2 minutes of the call's start. It goes black immediately, and the only thing that will bring it back is to plug it into the USB of the computer. Battery pulls and regular wall chargers won't do the trick. It then takes an extremely long amount of time to reboot.

Is this a side affect from it being an unlocked phone? Is my OS not up to date? Which one should I have? I updated to the latest version of Desktop Manager, does that include the newest OS? Is the battery bad?
    I don't think memeory should be the issue. There is a memory card installed and I have little to no pictures, videos, music, etc.

I am running a personal theme that I bought from this website. Could that be part of the problem?

I need a fix ASAP, any reccomendations/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Any advice you have, including something as simple as updating the OS, please put in lamens terms for me. I never had to deal with any of this on the 8820 and am completely lacking knowledge in how to troubleshoot this.

Thanks so much.
    11-09-09 03:10 PM
    Do the standard battery pull with the device on… if that does not work. Next I would clear off your data since you have it on your desktop(right). Use the device for a couple of days and see if it is all right. Then install your data and see how that works then any 3rd party apps which may or may not be good for the 8330.

Your os is under options, about, (let us know) On the blaclberry.com it has a listing of os's by carrier. Newest is 4.5.0.110
    Last edited by plunkingtom; 11-09-09 at 03:24 PM.
    11-09-09 03:17 PM
    So I would use the latest AT&T, even though it is a T-Mobile phone, correct?
    11-09-09 03:26 PM
    PS- Should I just delete the third party apps and re-install them from scratch? Could that potentially help?

Just to clarify, this is happening intermittantly throughout the day whether I am on a call or not. And it is happening 100% of the time, when I AM on a call.
    11-09-09 03:28 PM
    What 3rd party apps are you running. Maybe someone here could tell if one is causing the conflict...
    11-09-09 03:33 PM
    Just mainstream stuff like Facebook, GoogleMaps, Bank of America. My current OS is 4.5.0.81

Do I need to be looking for TMobile's latest (phone) or AT&T's (service)?
    11-09-09 04:02 PM
    I am not sure of the os procedure for unlocked phones but the wipe just returns it to factory settings so you can determine if it is the phone , or if it was some of your data or apps. If it acts up at factory settings you might try os or take phone back to get it replaced.
    11-09-09 04:08 PM
    I wanted to point out because idk if it was but you had different bb before, and said you set it up off your old phone. you should check your apps that they go for the new 8320/8330 and not for your old phone i have found some apps are different for different phones they also might be old versions maybe that might help i hope it does
    11-09-09 05:04 PM
    Just mainstream stuff like Facebook, GoogleMaps, Bank of America. My current OS is 4.5.0.81

Do I need to be looking for TMobile's latest (phone) or AT&T's (service)?
    The latest OS you can use is Newest 8320 OS v4.5.0.174 AVEA (Multilanguage). It's from AVEA but the Carrier for the OS doesn't matter as long as you delete the Vendor file.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-334838/
    11-09-09 07:27 PM
    Here's my theory:

You may have a depleted battery. If it's used up, it won't hold a sustainable charge, and supply enough juice to power the radio, thus the static, and then it dies.
    Go to a phone store that sells NEW 8320 batteries (and get the OEM RIM Blackberry batteries), and fully charge it.
    See if that solves the problem.
    Let me know how it turns out.
    11-09-09 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD