I searched around but couldnt find the help I needed but let me start off my saying sorry if there is a thread and I couldnt find it!

Heres the situation. I bought a phone on ebay. I knew it had a 507 error. I knew that was an operating system error. I figured I have upgraded and or uploaded OS before on BB so it shouldnt be a problem. Well there is a problem.

I guess the phone has a built in password that wont allow me to do anything with out knowing it. I cant enter it wrong 10 times and reset it because the 507 error doesnt allow you to do anything on the phone.

Anyone know how to fix this or how to enter the OS through some other ways? I have tried to go into progam files, common files, rim, apploader and then clicking the loader but when that works it doesnt let me go any further.

Thanks in advance!
    12-23-10 02:35 PM
    You can use CrackUtil, BBSAK, or JL_Cmder to wipe the OS from the device. Here's a link to CrackUtil. http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/. The download is at the bottom of the first post. It's a zip file you download to your PC.
    12-23-10 02:45 PM
    I would message the seller and ask for the password. Cause I know BBSAK and jl_cmdr still requires the password if one is already set. Not sure about CrackUtil
    12-23-10 02:48 PM
    what is crackutil?
    12-23-10 04:07 PM
    what is crackutil?
    The function and purpose of CrackUtil is described in the first post in the thread I linked. You can click it and read it much more efficiently than I can summarize or retype it.
    12-23-10 04:38 PM
    Im trying the software you mentioned but it asks for the password and I dont know the password. I click none and it wont let me navigate to anything else on the program after that. its like it locks you out of the program.
    12-23-10 08:50 PM
    My apologies. I had not tried to use CrackUtil without entering the password and did not realize you could not wipe without the password. That's a problem if you can't wipe from the keyboard and you can't wipe with a 3rd party app.
    Snackers likes this.
    12-23-10 08:57 PM
    I was able to get into the program and type resetitpolicy but it didnt do anything. There has to be a way to get into the system and just reinstall the operating system?
    12-23-10 09:05 PM
    There is no way to do that. Every 3rd party app needs the password if 1 is set. That's the whole point of the password

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-10 07:13 PM
    I thought there was a way to reset the password? How do companies reset them or fix them when employees turn theres in and they didnt give the password?
    12-26-10 05:26 PM
    If this were a BES device, the BES admin could wipe the device without knowing the password.

To the OP: can you connect to the App Loader and simply reload the OS without wiping first? There's no need to wipe; the App Loader does that automatically anyway. I'm sorry for taking so long to ask this basic question.
    12-26-10 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD