Using the newest Sprint .175 on my 8330m & with my bluetooth on I am using about 10% battery life on a 20 minute phone call. Got froggy & used the phone & bt .cod's from .131 & haven't have any difference. Even tried 2 other earpieces. Any ideas?
    10-20-09 08:49 PM
    you know whats funny today my battery sucking big time i only made/recieved 4 calls that werent that long some txts and thats about it and im down to 2 bars on battery only thing that runs is my BBW and that never sucks up this much
    10-20-09 09:35 PM
    Seems that since Sprint had the outages over the weekend I am lucky to get thru 1/2 the day. Tried 2 batteries...battery pulls...resent service books.....blah blah blah
    10-20-09 09:37 PM
    Well im still on the same battery when i upgraded my cell in july. but today is just odd i did a battery pull to a few ago cant figure out why its going down so fast today
    10-20-09 09:39 PM
    I have to agree, big time. Ever since I upgraded to BB Messenger 5, my battery is really draining as well. But even if i'm not using the BB Messenger, like you guys said, battery life is down 10% or so.

If I sneeze, battery life even goes down another 5% ..

ok, I'm just kidding about the latter.

I hope that the OS 5 upgrade (if us 8330 users ever get one) fixes these issues.
    10-20-09 11:20 PM
    The new .175 OS seems to be sucking down more battery than the .131 or .169 OS did . There have been a few posts / threads about the problem. I don't use BBM5, and I saw a huge drop in battery life when I put .175 on my 8330m.
    10-21-09 04:21 AM
    I will agree, somethings chewing at the battery life. Running .169 for month, then next added BBM 5.0 still ok on the battery, man after .175 it's draining down as I am watching it. I unplugged it this morning at 6:30 went to work, I only sent about 10 BBM messages, 8 am down to 90% ???
    10-21-09 07:44 AM
    I agree. Battery life has been draining fast. Wtf? Is there a fix?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 09:56 AM
    It makes me wonder a couple of things:

1.) Being that the "Wireless Update" option disappeared under the Options menu, are there major updates going on, getting our phones ready for OS 5.0 - thus killing the battery?

2.) Perhaps there was some minor tweaking done for things like Over-clocking or something in that area - could that be why it's faster but burns more battery life? .. just some ideas.
    10-21-09 03:19 PM
    At my local Sprint store now getting it looked at. Tech made a 15 minute call & it dropped about 20%. "sumthin ain't right!" was the response. haha we'll see what they say here in a few & I will post back!
    10-21-09 06:23 PM
    I was just thinking when you just posted ipdstnger2, when i upgraded app world thats when my battery was drainning faster thats the only upgrade or installed i have done lately with my bb is that possible?
    10-21-09 06:35 PM
    well our battery is just fine it never go down at all. and we dont do all of the things you guys 2 like BBM5 and updated to 5.0 OS..unlike today i had to get my phone at 7am cuz my husband is sick so had to make alot of calls and text. and right now it is about 65% for my battery that because i had to make alot of calls and text but if we dont use it that much then it says between. 80% to 90%. Jess n Jason.
    10-21-09 06:35 PM
    Update...."Sir your phone is fine. It is the theme u use." Really? Wife uses the same theme w/ no problems. Besides wouldn't that cause battery drain ALLLLLL the time? "Sir, there is water damage." Again...Really? This phone is 3 weeks old. "Sir there are a lot of 3rd party apps installed." DAHHHHHH those use memory! Doesn't cause the phone to only have excessive battery drain when U ARE ON THE PHONE! "Sir, it's...." that's were i cut them off & demanded my phone back. Told her she was a moron & how dare Sprint hire someone who has no clue yet alone customer service skills. Calls & got to retension dept & was told them are sending me out another phone. I am sure it will be another refurb. GREAT! What is next months problem gonna be? Thankfully our contract is up December 1st & i am very seriously considering going to Verizon at that time. 8 yrs down the drain. I just want the darn thing to work people! Did I mention this phone is a refurb & it's only 3 weeks old? haha Maybe I will get lucky & i will get a 8330 again & NOT the m so I can play with 5.0! lol
    10-21-09 08:14 PM
    I'm gonna take mine in tommorow and see what they say just to bust there balls LOL, i'll end up exchanging the battery tho since its same one i had since july 1st.
    10-21-09 08:21 PM
    BerryCoolGuy, I would tell u to BBM or PIN me but I don't know what it may be after Friday! haha Send me a msg @ either [email protected] or 307eb4c7 & let me know what they say.
    10-21-09 08:42 PM
    ok lol.. right now im at 3 bars on battery and all i did was make cpl calls and recieved 2 about 8 txts deleted cpl themes... im still thinking it was that up date from app world cause before that is was fine or could be wrong. i wonder if i should install DM and do a check for OS upgrade?
    10-21-09 08:49 PM
    Curve 8330m #4 has been received & activated. Stay tunes for results....
    10-24-09 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD