So here is the deal. My Curve 8330 will from time to time (about once ever few months) freeze completely. No response from any keys, can not perform a soft reboot, nothing. Only option is a battery pull.

However, after pulling and reinserting battery, nothing has changed. The most I can do is scroll the track ball back and forth across the 5 icons on my screen, but nothing works to get to other apps or icons.

And to add to this, every once in a while it will "wake up" and the call screen will come up and some random combination of 2's and 5's will show up. If I mash the back key enough sometimes it will erase them and take me back to the home screen, but then its back to frozen.

Seriously, why does this keep happening. Is their some Verizon bug or glitch I don't know about. I do not abuse my blackberry (in that I don't throw it against walls or beat it up in any way) and I can not fathom why this would happen.

HELP!!
    05-30-09 11:50 AM
    How old is your BB? If it is less than 12 mos. old you can take it in for a warranty exchange.

I hope you have made some Backups of your Curve as well. You might need the Backups in case you aren't able to get your BB going again.
    05-30-09 11:54 AM
    What I would do is the following:

1. backup the device

2. wipe the device and start all over. If this does nto resolve the issue then it might need to be replaced.

What third party applications are you running and has the device seen any liquid (no matter how little it might be) or been dropped.
    05-30-09 11:57 AM
    Quite honestly it sounds like liquid damage...not a lot (I'm not saying you dropped it in a puddle or anything)

But behavior like that happens when a little bit of moisture starts corroding the board...If you use your phone at all in the rain...or even have it sitting in the bathroom while you're taking a shower the moisture will get in there and over time will eventually start eating away at the electronics inside...

I would take it into your carrier and have them look at it...but they may tell you its moisture damage. And refer you to insurance if you have it.
    05-30-09 12:45 PM
    I just got back from Verizon. They told me it sounds like the battery is not connecting properly, so they replaced me battery and gave me a new device since I am still under warranty.

I haven't really exposed it to moisture, I live in San Diego so it rains maybe 3 days a year. Would it being in my pants pocket when I am sweating make a difference?

Thankfully every time this has happened they have extended my warranty or started the year of coverage all over again. Also thankfully they have been able to salvage my contacts every time, so the only real major loss was my calendar, which I can have up and running again in a few hours.

Thanks for the tips, I will make sure to avoid as much moisture as possible.
    05-30-09 03:44 PM
    I just got back from Verizon. They told me it sounds like the battery is not connecting properly, so they replaced me battery and gave me a new device since I am still under warranty.

I haven't really exposed it to moisture, I live in San Diego so it rains maybe 3 days a year. Would it being in my pants pocket when I am sweating make a difference?

Thats good that they replaced it for you...Sweat can make a difference but you'd have to be sweating pretty profusely...

You being in San Diego means you probably don't have moisture damage (at least not from rain lol)

But definitely make sure you don't leave your phone in the bathroom while you're in the shower or anything like that...Anywhere where moisture can form can harm your phone...

More than likely though yours was just something with the software...I haven't had any issues with my phone at all but I've heard Verizon is really good about replacing phones when you need it..so thats a nice peace of mind for me lol
    05-30-09 03:49 PM
    I get that sometimes with mine..but I am not on Verizon I have Sprint. So I think it's more of a device thing then a carrier problem....I am about to just take mine back since it's within the 12 months and get a new one.
    05-30-09 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD