i actually thought it was the trippiest thing in the work when my blackberry would just turn off when its in its case, like it just sensed i was done with it for acouple mins!

then i learned there was a magnet and the joy went away from sliding it in and out in astonishment =\
    That's hilarious!
    07-08-08 02:34 PM
    Did not read this thread... so sorry if this is a repeat...

The magnet will not harm your Berry!

This will actually trip the sensor in your Berry that is used to detect sleeper magnets and put your Berry into the 'In Holster' mode.

Holster mode will put your Berry into sleep mode, turn of the screen and save battery!! You can edit your Profiles to do different things when "in holster".

So... throw it in your diaper bag all your want!! And save battery power (if it is close to the magnet!!)
    07-08-08 02:37 PM
    Did not read this thread... so sorry if this is a repeat...

The magnet will not harm your Berry!

This will actually trip the sensor in your Berry that is used to detect sleeper magnets and put your Berry into the 'In Holster' mode.

Holster mode will put your Berry into sleep mode, turn of the screen and save battery!! You can edit your Profiles to do different things when "in holster".

So... throw it in your diaper bag all your want!! And save battery power (if it is close to the magnet!!)
    "edit profiles" is going to be a new one to me. How is the manual for this device? I have a feeling I'm going to be leaning on you guys a bit.
    07-08-08 03:45 PM
    Yeah, forget the manual lol. Give it a quick read, then go through the setup process. After that use the search function on these forums for help. If nothing comes up, then ask in the appropriate forum. I guarentee you will be helped out
    07-08-08 04:25 PM
    Yeah, forget the manual lol. Give it a quick read, then go through the setup process. After that use the search function on these forums for help. If nothing comes up, then ask in the appropriate forum. I guarentee you will be helped out
    I had a feeling that would be the case. I saw a book about the Curve. Is that worthwhile?
    07-08-08 05:48 PM
    I had a feeling that would be the case. I saw a book about the Curve. Is that worthwhile?
    I DID try and read the manual.....kept nodding off..........sure cure for insomnia...........PLUs this is WAY more entertaining and interactive.....
    07-08-08 05:53 PM
    Congrats on your new curve. Magnets should be the least of your worries. Soon you will worry about protecting it with a case, keeping your screen and trackball clean, memory, downloading aps, etc. Welcome to cb!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 06:01 PM
    When it comes to BlackBerries, magnets are your friend!!
    07-08-08 06:04 PM
    Congrats on your new curve. Magnets should be the least of your worries. Soon you will worry about protecting it with a case, keeping your screen and trackball clean, memory, downloading aps, etc. Welcome to cb!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Oh trust me. I already have a ton of items bookmarked to go back and buy.
    07-08-08 08:07 PM
    Katrina,
    good luck w/getting in Mommy time w/the BB. My toddler is 14 months and her head whips around when I pull it out. I've never seen someone w/such short stubs get across the room so fast. She's facinated by it and I'm still trying to get ahead of the learning curve.

But everyone is right, the website has tons of info, throw away the MANUAL!!!
    07-08-08 08:18 PM
    Katrina,
    good luck w/getting in Mommy time w/the BB. My toddler is 14 months and her head whips around when I pull it out. I've never seen someone w/such short stubs get across the room so fast. She's facinated by it and I'm still trying to get ahead of the learning curve.

But everyone is right, the website has tons of info, throw away the MANUAL!!!
    Ha! Someone feels my pain. She was obsessed with my Mogul and Instinct so I don't see her not falling for this one. She's mama's girl for sure. She loves gadgets and bags. She is 13 months and has incredible taste.
    07-08-08 08:40 PM
    is there a way to press buttons and use the backlight when IN the holster?? Because when its in the holster and its in standy and i get a call, the backlight doesn't come on and i can't see whos calling until i take it out of the holster....but yea is there any way to view whos calling and press buttons while in the holster?
    07-10-08 08:11 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD