OK well i have a 8320 curve .... its kinda old so the ring on the track ball comes off easily....well the problem a few days ago i was on the couch felll asleep ...phone dropped on the floor (White/Beige tile) the track ball/ring came out and also the magnetic clicker which is needed to click ......i found ring and trackball but had no luck finding the magnetic part ......my question is do i have to buy it somewere? Can i make a replacement somehow? Or should i just keep looking for it? Is there an easy way i can locate it ? .... The Beige tile makes it really hard too look for it.
    07-05-09 06:57 PM
    DS - i would sweep the whole floor from one end to the other, moving furniture if the bb fell near it, and see if you find it that way. If not search around and see if you can purchase that part for it.

edit-if you are talking about the white round piece that the ball "sits in" with the 4 little magnet stubs on it, you can purchase a new trackball. CB has them.
    Last edited by ItsJustShelli; 07-05-09 at 07:12 PM.
    07-05-09 07:10 PM
    To find it I'd get a magnet that has the opposite polarization and search for it. One side might repel it the other, hopefulyy, will find it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 07:13 PM
    Alright thx guys ...ill try to look for it with a magnet
    07-05-09 08:01 PM
    The part that fell off is the cup membrane that "clicks" and is attached with a tiny piece of brownish tape. The adhesive gets loose and I've seen a few of these fall off. It's not magnetized so using a magnet is the best way to locate it. If there is any sticky stuff still on it, it could be stuck to your shoes!

But look everywhere and find it because I have yet to find a source for this item.

Find a donar 81xx or 83xx that not longer works. They're all the same.

Do a backup while you still can.

Good luck!
    Last edited by shfjcs; 07-05-09 at 08:30 PM.
    07-05-09 08:22 PM
    bump... any updates? I need to know what that Orange sticky tape is.. i have a curve that's missing it
    07-14-09 07:48 AM
    Thanks jtran91, for finding a source for this item. $29.95 for a tiny piece! But at least I know where to get it now.

Thanks again.
    07-14-09 05:59 PM
    haha yeah. it was the only site i can think of that sells that one particular part. yeah its pretty expensive for that one little piece. i guess its better then paying 90 bucks to have that part swapped with a new one from where i am
    07-14-09 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD