I have an 8300 Curve and almost love it... almost.
    The problem I am having is that I cannot transfer any files from my Mac to my Blackberry, even though they recognize each other.

Each time I try to transfer a pic or MP3 using bluetooth it say the BB does not have the necessary services.

Any clue how I can remedy this? I have tried everything, and have come up with nothing!
    12-11-07 12:30 AM
    are you hitting recieve using bluetooth on your curve first
    12-11-07 01:16 AM
    I just drag and drop. Haven't tried to figure out the bt.
    12-11-07 09:53 AM
    yea they make the bluetooth a little complicated but heres what you do. lets say for example you want to send a picture wirelessly to your curve.

go into media > pictures. hit the menu button and click on "recieve using bluetooth" then go on your computer and on your mac hit the little bluetooth symbol in the menu bar then send file, and select the picture file you want to send.

i was having the sam problem but now that i select recieve using bluetooth first, it always works
    12-11-07 01:02 PM
    I had the same issue. Basically, bluethooth is worthless when using with Mac. I still haven't found a way to transfer files using bluetooth. I can transfer it using bluetooth to my other phone and then send it to BB.

To transfer files on a Mac, just make sure your Mass Storage Mode is enabled, just plug your BB in to your Mac, click yes if a promt come up on your BB regarding if you want to turn on Mass Storage Mode, then a disk icon will show up on your desktop. Open it and drag the files from your Mac to BB and vice versa. Oh, and this is if you have a media card installed on your BB. I wouldn't recommend transferring files to your BB unless you have a media card. Your BB needs all the free memory it could get.
    12-11-07 02:13 PM
    yea they make the bluetooth a little complicated but heres what you do. lets say for example you want to send a picture wirelessly to your curve.

go into media > pictures. hit the menu button and click on "recieve using bluetooth" then go on your computer and on your mac hit the little bluetooth symbol in the menu bar then send file, and select the picture file you want to send.

i was having the sam problem but now that i select recieve using bluetooth first, it always works
    HEY MAN THAT WORKS PERFECT! THANK YOU!
    12-28-07 05:29 PM
    This works great also. Additionally, I email pictures to my att blackberry address, open attachment and save--works great!
    12-29-07 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD