I'll be transfering from an old beat up dell desktop to an apple desktop and have been reading on the forums that BB's don't seem to like Macs a little. Is it anything to serious? I use mine constantly to sync my calendar and put apps on it.....It took me a month to figure out how to use the desktop manager on my old comp. Haha, im gonna be royale screwed if things become serious when I get a Mac.
    07-09-08 11:32 AM
    I would look at the Mac Users section of the forum... I have been a loyal Mac User and Fanatic my whole entire life, but I refuse to use my Mac for my Berry.

I sync my Mac using Desktop Manager on Windows (through VM Ware Fusion). Trying to get your Mac to do everything you want to on your Berry is a pain

Too bad RIM does not have DM for OSX yet!
    07-09-08 11:38 AM
    You really are a genius BMC. Helped me out twice in just a few hours. Thanks so much!
    07-09-08 11:45 AM
    You really are a genius bmc. Helping me out twice in a few hours. Thanks so much!
    07-09-08 11:45 AM
    Well, thank you for the compliment!!

Glad to hear I could help

(As a side note, you can use your Mac... I just find it painful. PocketMac and MissingSync provide syncing options, etc. You can play with those for syncing purposes. Anything to do with backup, restore, loading a new OS... that needs to be done on PC because there is no solution on Mac at all!)
    07-09-08 11:50 AM
    Ick, looks like im down and out for the new 4.5 OS when it comes out. I guess i'll be using my companys computers for that stuff then.
    07-09-08 11:58 AM
    I would look at the Mac Users section of the forum... I have been a loyal Mac User and Fanatic my whole entire life, but I refuse to use my Mac for my Berry.

I sync my Mac using Desktop Manager on Windows (through VM Ware Fusion). Trying to get your Mac to do everything you want to on your Berry is a pain

Too bad RIM does not have DM for OSX yet!
    I just ordered a Curve but am now having huge second thoughts about the whole thing. I currently have a Centro and one of my biggest problems with it is getting it to play nicely with my Mac (I do have other issues with it as well, which is why I ordered the Curve). I don't own a PC or have access to a PC. I am a photographer, my wife is a graphic designer; everyone we know with a computer owns a Mac.

I've been searching around on the forum and I'm seeing that I won't be able update the phone's operating system, I can't load programs, and I have to purchase another form of missingsync when I don't like their Palm version.

Is this phone really not going to work with my Mac? I've been resisting the iPhone because At&t's service in my area sucks and it's so much more expensive than Sprint's ($50 a month more for the same service on a BB or iPhone). But if my Curve isn't going to play with my Mac any better than my Centro then I might just have to cough up the money...
    07-13-08 10:31 PM
    Alright. I have a macbook and a blackberry so I feel your pain, and I have to have a mac because of the photraphy company I work for. I tried pocketmac and I hated it. I thought it was junk.

Depending on whether or not you are running os 10.5.2 (leopard) you can run windows on your mac! If you do have leopard you can run boot camp partition your hard drive and use windows for all your blackberry needs! This is the best solution I've encountered so far and then you have windows for any other need. Its the best of both worlds! If you need help on how to do that pm me or blackberry message me and ill walk you through it.
    07-13-08 11:09 PM
    I have a macbook and I tired pocket mac and it was dreadful....my old berry 8830WE I tried installing a program on it, it worked fine until I tried deleting it...it said It was deleted in pocketmac however when it was still in my BB app listing on the device. Horrible..I did end up getting rid of it, it took a few times
    07-13-08 11:37 PM
    Yeah you have two options for full sync compatibility using a Mac. Both have already been mentioned: either install Windows on your Mac on a separate partition using BootCamp, or use an emulator like VMware Fusion (this is what I do) and sync via Windows. I use PocketMac to sync simple things like contacts and iCal, which works for the most part. I love my Curve and don't mind the issues with the Mac. But then again, the iPhone wasn't really an option for me, since AT&T doesn't provide good coverage where I need it.
    07-14-08 01:28 AM
    Rim are working with pocketmac to rectify issues and come up with a solution for Mac users, until then you are out of luck
    07-14-08 01:48 AM
    Had an old IBM think pad laptop that I was using because Pocket Mac was not perfect. Then the laptop crashed. Recently I got tired of manually updating my 2 MAC's each time after using pocket mac. Just installed windows via boot camp to my MacBook Air. The BB software works like a charm and the wireless synch is great. If your a mac user boot camp is the way to go.
    07-14-08 02:08 AM
    I've been recently successful in syncing my iCal wirelessly with my BB via google calendar and I download my apps OTA.
    07-14-08 02:43 AM
    Yes this was the main reason I went Dell (XPS) last year instead of a mac. Compatibility issues. If I knew about all these programs to have a dual boot for windows, I would have bought the mac.

07-14-08 02:48 AM
    If I ordered a new macbook (pro prolly) it will come with the most recent OS system I would think. Im guessing it can't be to hard to put windows xp or even vista on their through leopard.
    07-14-08 01:13 PM
    Yes this was the main reason I went Dell (XPS) last year instead of a mac. Compatibility issues. If I knew about all these programs to have a dual boot for windows, I would have bought the mac.

Sad sad sad Jayden. Knowing the Mac Fan inside of you, it is sad to see you on a lowly Dell!! Run Windows on your Mac if needed, for God's sake!!

If I ordered a new macbook (pro prolly) it will come with the most recent OS system I would think. Im guessing it can't be to hard to put windows xp or even vista on their through leopard.
    Yes, your new Mac will come with the latest OS (Leopard!). You can install thru BootCamp and it will be a native install (no emulation), but you will have to reboot into Windows to use it (shutting down your computer and selecting the partition to boot from). I recommend dropping 50 bucks and getting Fusion!!
    07-14-08 01:19 PM
    Only one way to find out how bad bb's hate macs. And i'll def get fusion, $50 is cheap compared to dropping a few thousand on a new computer.
    07-14-08 01:31 PM
    Mac's work and function to a better degree than a PC. It was not that hard installing boot camp and windows.
    07-14-08 07:34 PM
    I just realized she has windows vista on her mac and she is computer illiterate. I'm pretty sure I can do it. lol.
    07-14-08 09:05 PM
    Its not hard at all, and you can dedicate your entire windows side to your bb. Its pretty glorious, I have windows visa ultimate and leopard on my computer, it is pretty sweet i must say.
    07-15-08 11:25 AM
    As other's have mentioned, I just use VMware fusion as my solution.
    07-15-08 11:55 AM
    Yea, I messed around on her mac last night. It's pretty simple to a degree. Thanks for all the help.
    07-15-08 11:57 AM
    I gave in and put a Windows XP VM on my Mac and I have to say getting the phone set up and synched was much easier than past experiences with other phones (palm) and missing sync. The fact that I couldn't update the phone's OS with my Mac convinced me. I'm glad I did it, it's just weird to see Windows on my Mac.
    07-20-08 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD