I have a BB curve 8330 with OSv4.5.0.77.

I have started watching videos from m.youtube.com and vuclips. The video streams successfully probably 60% of the time at most. Often when trying to watch videos I get the error below on both you tube and vuclips"

ERROR PLAYING
    "THE MEDIA BEING PLAYED IS OF AN UNSUPPORTED FORMAT."

Just wondering if this is pretty typical for the blackberry ?
    Is there anything I can do to be able to see all the videos ?
    Is there some sort of media player we need to download ?

Any other good video sites that stream better to blackberry ???

Also- is everyone else's video screen pretty small - I have tried to view vidoes in 'full screen', but it doesn't change the size -it's just a small box in the middle of the screen.

thanks for any help.

Jason
    01-13-09 09:12 PM
    Yeah, I get that a lot with the iJustine videos I love watching... It kinda sucks. Anybody here have a solution?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 09:20 PM
    i think it might have something to do with these high res videos people are putting on youtube these days
    01-13-09 09:25 PM
    So, are you guys saying my experience of only being able to download some vidoes, but not others, is typical on the blackberry.??
    01-13-09 10:21 PM
    Well, I found a recent post with other people who have had the same issues trying to get youtube to play consistently.
    01-13-09 10:27 PM
    I know from reading other posts ( and my own experience) that youtube and other videos from website are sometimes hit or miss regarding whether the BB will be able to play them.

Sometimes if I click a link it will say download adobe flash player or media player, or something like that.

Is there a flash player or media player built for the BB that will make the video streaming/viewing experience more consistent ?

( BB Curve 8330, OS 4.5, Verizon)
    01-14-09 05:58 PM
    Sorry there is no flash player for the BB
    01-14-09 08:00 PM
    So, basically - if the blackberry can't download a video successfully, there isn't much we can do about it at this point ?
    01-14-09 08:12 PM
    but what about the size of the video any1 know how to get it to full screen
    01-24-09 01:47 PM
    but what about the size of the video any1 know how to get it to full screen
    I've tried everything and I can't get a full screen. Just a small square in the middle.
    01-25-09 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD