Hey guys 'n gals out there. I've gotten this message a few times on my berry and it sometimes will lock up and reboot/restart takes forever. Is there anything i can do to correct this on a more permanent basis or a setting i can switch up?

Thanks to all!
    10-08-09 02:23 PM
    You can perform a battery pull nightly. (Download the app Quickpull)

However, you have to check exactly what you have loaded on your BB and determine if you need it all.
    Do you have a lot of 3rd party applications? Do you still use them all? Delete what you don't use.
    Do you have hundreds/thousands of e-mails? Remove what you don't need.
    10-08-09 02:28 PM
    I do have a few 3rd party apps on here. No i don't use them all but i feel like since i paid for some i need to keep them. Can i transfer them (the apps) to my media card? I have a 4Gb card. I clear my emails from my message screen quite frequently. I have the Aerize Optimizer on there that is suppose to 'reclaim' memory....any reviews on that?
    10-08-09 02:34 PM
    how low is your memory. You can clear text messages off but you still have all you sent in the outbox..have you cleared??
    10-08-09 02:37 PM
    Perform a battery pull and when your BB comes back up go into Options / Memory and record what you available memory is. Depending on that # we can decide what to do from there.

You can not transfer applications from memory to the media card. (Sorry)
    10-08-09 02:38 PM
    Ok, i suck. I can't find an "outbox" in my message app at all. I also can't find "Memory" in my options menu, I have Media Card and MMS and Mobile Network, those are my only M's.
    My Aerize Optimizer says ALL: 29MB of 83MB (35%)

Not sure if that helps at all or not.
    10-08-09 02:45 PM
    I don't use Aerize, but if you have 29M available, you should be fine.

Are you closing your applications correctly? Pressing the Escape key to leave them does not close them and will start eating memory. You need to use the BB button and select close.

What 3rd party applications are you using? Possibly one of them has a known memory leak?

Have you checked to see if all your 3rd party applications are at the latest level? Possible one of the apps have a known memory problem that was fixed with a newer version.
    10-08-09 02:52 PM
    Ok 29mb is good - good. I think i am just using the escape key to exit a lot or the hang up button. I'll start closing them. I'm updating my application as we speak.
    10-08-09 02:56 PM
    I bet you leaving your applications open was a lot of your problem.

Make sure your apps are upgraded. If you actually update any of them, do a battery pull when you finish and then watch the memory of the phone. I can go weeks without a pull as long as I don't go app crazy with my device.

I'll subscribe to this thread. Let us know over time what happens?
    10-08-09 02:59 PM
    OK will do. Thanks a TON for your help!
    10-08-09 03:02 PM
    Options, status will show your memory.

In your sms folder hit menu, folders, scroll down until you see sms outbox… check them all..
    10-08-09 03:08 PM
    Options, status will show your memory.
    Thanks. Haven't gotten my hands on a curve yet. I'm planning on working with one next week. Gotta learn the OS since I'm goiung to be supporting them.
    10-08-09 05:13 PM
    In your sms folder hit menu, folders, scroll down until you see sms outbox� check them all..
    no memory issue with my phone, but i wanted to see this folder anyhow. I checked and do not see Outbox anywhere for SMS or Emails?
    10-08-09 07:24 PM
    no memory issue with my phone, but i wanted to see this folder anyhow. I checked and do not see Outbox anywhere for SMS or Emails?
    There's a shortcut....In messages, just hit "alt" and "O" This will bring uo your outgoing messages. )
    10-08-09 08:16 PM
    badass on the "Alt - O" short cut... i found some stuff to delete there too. Just an update to everyone, i've been closing my programs out using "menu, close" and have removed some of the superfluous programs (yeah..... i said it... $7 word for me !!!!) Thanks again, i'm sure i'll be back!
    11-08-09 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD