Okay�I love my BB Curve. No doubt about it, this is the coolest phone ever. I did lots of research before jumping onboard and now I can only wish I had jumped earlier.

Having explored the Curve for 3 days now and even though I am not above average with computer skills I have done pretty well. But, naturally there are few things I cannot figure out�

1) When I connect my phone to my computer and open my BB Desktop Manager the phone connects fine. However, once I go into the sync manager it tells me to �activate mega storage (or something to that effect) on my device�. I cannot figure out what that means.

2) Also, what is necessary to sync or copy contacts? And where do you begin doing that? I do not have Outlook, only Outlook Express 6 and I am very unfamiliar with this program. So, does that matter? Is there another way to sync contacts and calendar events?�

I�m sure this is probably already covered in length somewhere in the forums but I�m not finding it�If someone could help me out or point me towards the answers I would appreciate it�

Thanks�Knox
    06-08-08 09:06 AM
    1) When I connect my phone to my computer and open my BB Desktop Manager the phone connects fine. However, once I go into the sync manager it tells me to �activate mega storage (or something to that effect) on my device�. I cannot figure out what that means.
    If you go to Options > Media Card and set the option Mass Storage Mode Support to ON, your computer will then see your micro SD card as a drive. You can then just drag and drop files to it. Works much better than the Roxio Media Manager crap that comes with DM

2) Also, what is necessary to sync or copy contacts? And where do you begin doing that? I do not have Outlook, only Outlook Express 6 and I am very unfamiliar with this program. So, does that matter? Is there another way to sync contacts and calendar events?�
    Not sure about Outlook Express (I use Office Outlook), but you should be able to set that up through the Synchronize section of DM. It is pretty self explanatory and guides you through it pretty well.

Not sure if I helped or made you more confused, but I tried....to help that is. Welcome to CB!
    06-08-08 09:51 AM
    1. go to options then media card activate mass storage.

2. All you have to do is click backupo and restore on dm and let it do its thing.
    06-08-08 09:52 AM
    So...you must have a microSD card installed? My phone didnt come with one from Verizon and as of yet I have not purchased nor installed one... SO, you have to have the card for these particular features to work?

And thanks to all your answers. Very informative.
    06-08-08 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD