I just got a blackberry curve and I have to say, I am not sure why I left. Blackberry rocks and I wish I would have never went down the road of other devices. Now to my problem. I am getting random reboots. It seems to only do it when i am using it really heavy or on the phone for a long time. Any ideas?
    10-13-08 03:26 PM
    check up on your file free
    options-->status
    post it
    10-13-08 03:31 PM
    Check your memory first thing, but if it is brand new it may just be faulty.
    10-13-08 03:35 PM
    It is a refurbished device.
    Code:
    File Free 20368072 Bytes
    10-13-08 09:32 PM
    did you do anything to your os?
    10-13-08 09:45 PM
    I just got a blackberry curve and I have to say, I am not sure why I left. Blackberry rocks and I wish I would have never went down the road of other devices. Now to my problem. I am getting random reboots. It seems to only do it when i am using it really heavy or on the phone for a long time. Any ideas?
    Welcome back! Now your back on the right road.. smooth sailing now.
    10-13-08 09:47 PM
    did you do anything to your os?
    I upgraded to 4.5 which seemed to make it better. If it is still acting up I am going to send it to a repair shop. Any recommendations?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-08 10:12 PM
    Welcome back! Now your back on the right road.. smooth sailing now.
    Serves me right for buying a phone off of ebay. I will live. Worst case I send it to a shop for repair.

10-13-08 10:14 PM
    Welcome back to CB and the winning Team! Viva la Blackberry! lol
    10-13-08 10:27 PM
    Which version of 4.5 are you using by chance??

10-13-08 10:58 PM
    It sounds like the phone is possibly bad. When it comes to random reboots there are not too many problems that it could be.

Some more info would be great on the issue. After your phone restarts itself press alt+lg+lg and that will pull up the system log. On there it just might tell us what the problem is or application that is causing it.

10-13-08 11:24 PM
    Does anyone know of a shop that can repair the issue?
    10-14-08 12:19 PM
    Does anyone know of a shop that can repair the issue?
    Since all the mind readers are sleeping now, the rest of us won't be able to guess where you live, but there is still hope!

Check Yellow pages your city/town, look for Laptop/CellPhone/PDA/Electronic Repair.
    Yellow Pages Local Directory - YELLOWPAGES.COM

Check Craigs List for your city/town for same.
    craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums

And you can always do a GOOGLE search your town/city for PDA Repair or even Blackberry Repair.
    Last edited by BlkBear; 10-14-08 at 12:39 PM.
    10-14-08 12:29 PM
    Lol I was asking about online shops. I did not even think about local shops.

What is lg? Last time it rebooted I tryed to get the log but I guess I did it wrong.

10-14-08 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD