Hi all, just got the 8320 this week. I am loving it, but having some trouble!

First, when I try to access AIM (or any of the messengers), it tells me to go to blackberry.com/aim (which I do, on my computer), but after following the directions, and connecting the BB via USB, it tells me that "An unspecified error has occurred" and won't do anything else. Can anyone help me?

Next... I downloaded a couple free games onto my desktop computer (since I haven't yet signed up for the internet service on the BB), that are .jad and .jar files. When I open up BB desktop, and the application loader, it won't let me upload those files. It won't even show them! What do I do?

Finally... I'm a cheapskate. Is there any way for me to get more free stuff, like free internet access, free GPS, free email service?

Thanks!
    06-21-08 01:40 PM
    Welcome to CB!

The .jar files you downloaded are the executable files for your bb. Typically these files are meant to be downloaded with your bb on the browser that your phone came with.

As far as your 'free stuff' request goes, since your 8320 is wi-fi enabled, you're going to want to find a wireless network you can connect to and use for internet/UMA needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-08 01:44 PM
    Ill take a shot at answering some of your ?'S. Your I'm issue can be solved by getting the service books to your berry. (Your carrier can help you). Your 8320 does not have a GPS, but it does have Wifi, that is free in many places. You need a data plan to take advantage of your berry's potential. Good luck

06-21-08 01:47 PM
    OK, I have the WIFI set up. Now how do I get to the internet?
    06-21-08 01:51 PM
    One more question... I sent the service books again, but it's still not working. How do I know the service books actually sent?
    06-21-08 02:29 PM
    ive found you get what you pay for when it comes to third party apps youll find tons that don work half work or were just plain crap
    OTA (over the air) downloads of these freebies does seem to help
    since you dont have data service (which is berry abuse) head down to starbucks hop on there wi-fi and download till your hearts content over a cup of joe
    06-21-08 02:35 PM
    If you have wifi at home...go to managa connections -> click wifi -> set up wifi -> scan for networks then find your wifi and enter password if needed

AIM is a data program meaning you need internet for it to work. Sorry

Also get the 19.99 BIS (blackberry internet service) package so you can use the berry as needed.
    06-21-08 02:43 PM
    I have a question about using my curve to visit crackberry. I used the browser that came with it, and I used Opera Mini. I have trouble finding the log on screen, and I don't know how to adapt the screen view for my BB. Any hints?
    06-21-08 02:48 PM
    use the wap version rather than the full page. http://forums.crackberry.com/ on your berry

06-21-08 02:56 PM
    Ha I didn't use my berry to post that reply ^^

06-21-08 02:57 PM
    from your phone go to CrackBerry.com WAP Homepage then download crackberry.com desktop shortcut this will put a cb icon on your home screen to the mobile cb site very much easier to use
    06-21-08 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD