Thanks in advance...
    Am using the Desktop manager to set up interaction between Outlook and my device. I synch and it looks like data transfer goes on, yet the address book on my device is empty. Where would those pesky contacts be?
    Good karma goes to anyone who can help.
    04-29-09 02:46 PM
    Was your Outlook address book on your PC empty before? And if it was, did you set up DM to sync your device address book to your Outlook? Or vice versa? Because if you set up your sync to go from Outlook to the BB, it is possible that it wiped out your contacts with the non-contact list you had on Outlook.
    04-29-09 02:56 PM
    Was your Outlook address book on your PC empty before? And if it was, did you set up DM to sync your device address book to your Outlook? Or vice versa? Because if you set up your sync to go from Outlook to the BB, it is possible that it wiped out your contacts with the non-contact list you had on Outlook.
    The heart Ramon...
    I have a nifty Outlook contact list and in the address book rolodex icon on the device I see it says "Business no addresses", yet when I explore the menu options is shows 295 entries (the right number). So how do I access them? Thanks Genius. SIgned Rookette
    04-29-09 03:04 PM
    The heart Ramon...
    I have a nifty Outlook contact list and in the address book rolodex icon on the device I see it says "Business no addresses", yet when I explore the menu options is shows 295 entries (the right number). So how do I access them? Thanks Genius. SIgned Rookette
    Is your address book set to your "Personal" or "Business" group category? If you set it back to "Personal" category all your contacts should show up again. Assuming this is the problem.
    04-29-09 03:23 PM
    Ahh Sherlock, you may be on to something here. But I an pawing through all tools and can't find how to switch the group category. Any clues?
    Thx mucho muchacho
    04-29-09 03:28 PM
    Ahh Sherlock, you may be on to something here. But I an pawing through all tools and can't find how to switch the group category. Any clues?
    Thx mucho muchacho
    When on your address book, hit menu>filter. Set it up to show everything and let me know what happens.
    04-29-09 03:38 PM
    Menu>filter gives me 2 options on a toggle:
    Business (which was checked) and Personal. With baited breath I switched to Personal, but alas still empty although all 295 are hinted at Menu>options>number of entries 295.
    But now I know about filter, so some progress.
    04-29-09 03:45 PM
    Are all those contacts on your Outlook? So that way you could sync the Outlook contacts to your device again. But before you do, keep both category filters unchecked.
    04-29-09 03:48 PM
    Dear Genius,
    You have earned your title. With both Personal AND Business unchecked the contacts appear. Many duplicates, but I think I can manage those.
    I truly appreciate your help.
    04-29-09 03:53 PM
    Dear Genius,
    You have earned your title. With both Personal AND Business unchecked the contacts appear. Many duplicates, but I think I can manage those.
    I truly appreciate your help.
    What happened I think is that your Outlook contacts are marked as "personal" and "business" and were synced exactly that way onto your device. Glad I can help.
    04-29-09 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD