I have a BB Curve 8330 and have a few questions:

1) I copied/pasted a portion of a Yahoo IM conversation to memo last week and made a new category called "Mine". I went to add another conversation today and the previous entries are gone, although the "Mine" category is still there. I pasted more info today and clicked "save", but the information was not saved. Rather annoying to say the least!

My Memory Cleaning status is set to Disabled. Number of Entries does show 8, but they're not showing up in the catagory.

2) I keep getting an hourglass in the middle of applications, especially while playing Brick Breaker. The last time I looked for information about this, I believed my memory was low on the device because I saved all my emails. I deleted the emails from my handset and the problem cleared up, but now is happening again. Most of the pictures on my device are saved to the media card.

3) Is there anyway to privatize pictures? There are a few pictures on my phone would prefer others not see, but I can't seem to make them private. They are in their own folder, but that doesn't keep them safe from prying eyes.

Thanks so much!
    10-17-08 04:39 PM
    What is your Options / Status / File Free? If your value is less than 12 000 000 bytes, you can get extended hour glass operation, plus lost messages. That's uncommon on a 96MB 8330, but not impossible.

Memory Cleaning clears the listed caches when enabled. It isn't deleting your memos. You can enable it, but on an OS 4.5 machine, it will have to be re-enabled after every reboot.

To password protect individual files, you need a third party application. The program linked in this thread purports to do that, but I have not used it and cannot vouch for it: FileLock
    10-17-08 11:53 PM
    If you haven't yet, you should follow the memory guide linked below. In addition, every week or so, you can clear your browser's cache, clear and idle your event log, and do a reset or battery pull. Check your file free number and do the reset and cache clearing when you drop below 12mb or so. Also, take a look at the applications you have and delete the ones you don't use.

Idle the Event Log: Open the log (alt-lglg)> press menu key> select clear log> click back.

To clear cache, while in your browser> press menu key> select options> select cache operations> select clear content cache> press back.

To reset your device push the alt-right shift-delete keys. Do it again when your screen lights up for a hard reset.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 10-18-08 at 12:38 AM.
    10-18-08 12:28 AM
    Jeff:

My file free is 19,182,055 so I'm would assume that's not the problem, although I'm sure I could be wrong. I'm very disappointed I can't find my messages anymore, especially since there are "8 entries" listed when I check the options.

I did a battery pull and it appears the hourglass problem is fixed - for now. I will also check out the FileLock. Thanks for the information!

Exelant: Thanks for much for taking the time to answer my question, although I'm afraid I didn't see it until after I'd done the battery pull and the problem appears to be fixed. I really do appreciate it.
    10-19-08 04:13 PM
    Going back to your original post, what app are you using to save the memos? Is it the built-in MemoPad app, or some other 3rd party app? If MemoPad, make sure you don't have your note filtered. MemoPad / Menu / Filter / Make sure nothing is checked.
    Last edited by JeffH; 10-21-08 at 08:10 AM. Reason: typo
    10-19-08 05:43 PM
    I'm using the built in MemoPad.

I unchecked everything and there they were! Thanks so much! I was under the impression that if I filtered the memos into categories, they would show up when I checked the category I wanted. Isn't that what filters are for?

But, again, thanks so much for your help Jeff!
    10-21-08 07:29 AM
    I'm using the built in MemoPad.

I unchecked everything and there they were! Thanks so much! I was under the impression that if I filtered the memos into categories, they would show up when I checked the category I wanted. Isn't that what filters are for?...
    Yes, that's what filters are for. The step you missed is assigning the category "Mine" to the specific note. Open the note, press the menu button, select Categories, and check the box beside "Mine." Escape out of the note, back to the list of note titles. Press Menu, select Filter, check the "Mine" box. Now you'll see only the note(s) that you categorized as "Mine."
    10-21-08 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD