My phone somehow reset itself and when it did i lost everything on my memeory card. It now says that the card has to be re-formatted but if i do that i do not want to lose everything on it. How do i re-format the card without losing my pics, music, etc.?
    05-21-10 11:28 AM
    I am eager to see what kind of responses you get because I removed my sandisk 4GB from my BB to show my sister in law how to do it so she could remove her card in order to copy pictures onto her laptop. When I reinserted the card, which was not easy, and rebooted my bb I got an error that the disk needed to be formatted. I took the disk out, inserted it into my pc with the scandisk adapter and there are no files on the disk. Can't believe the files could be lost so easily. Good luck, will check back when I go back to work Wednesday to see if my IT department and other bb users have any thoughts.
    05-31-10 05:54 PM
    Usually even if the BlackBerry is reporting errors, a computer can still read the card.

Put the card in a card reader and connect it to a computer.

Then copy all the data from the card to the computer.

Then reformat the card on the computer.

Then copy the data back to the card.
    05-31-10 06:49 PM
    Just the other day I had a similar problem, my phone rang but not the ringtone I had set, when I checked my SD card my Berry wasn't recognizing it at all, no ringtones, music, videos, nothing. I plugged in my phone & still nothing. I pulled the card & plugged it directly into my laptop, it immediately came up & everything was still there, so I just kinda cleaned the card a bit & put it back in & viola everything came back up, even my ringtone was set back the way I had it originally & I never had to format it. Maybe try cleaning off the card, at least that worked for me. Good luck though.
    05-31-10 07:30 PM
    What concerns me is why did your bb reboot itself. Are you having low memory issues? You should open your media folder/pictures/menu/options and make sure your device memory limit is set to 5mb not 32mb. Try this then reboot the phone or battery pull. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD