Hi there, I am so frustrated right now. I downloaded Blackberry Desktop Manager like the BB site said to do and backed up my address book and everything else on my phone. I was going to update my BB Curve 8330 software. I read the directions and followed them and after I backed up and it said the back up was successful I tried to update the software and it said that failed so I restored everything back onto my phone and guess what? Address book is gone! So far that's the only thing I can find that didn't restore but I'm still looking. Is there anything that I can do that I am not techno-savvy enough to have realized or are they just gone? If they're just gone then fine whatever I'm not going to freak out. But I'm still really REALLY mad. Thanks for reading and any info would be greatly appreciated. :-)
    04-18-10 05:35 PM
    I'd take it to your carrier and tell em your phone is all loopy they'll restore it to out of the box settings. Least that's what I would do. Make sure to backup your apps etc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 09:11 AM
    I backed up and it said the back up was successful ...
    That means all of your data is safely saved in a backup file.

I tried to update the software and it said that failed ...
    Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager's Advanced Restore and your Backup-(xxxx-xx-xx).ipd file.

Right up at the top, it will say Address Book. That is where your contacts are saved.

You can use Advanced Restore to install it back to your Curve, or use the normal Restore to insure all your data has been restored.
    04-19-10 10:51 AM
    Thanks Reed_McLay, I just upgraded to "4.5.0.186" as that was latest available on my vendor page at blackberry site, and ran into similar issue,
    the upgrade completed but phone was just as good as STOCK :-( EEKK

Read your reply and was able to restore the phonebook+SMS+messages manually using the advance method, for some reason the backup created just before the upgrade didn't got restored.
    As i made a manual backup just before following the upgrade steps,
    I was able to get back the data.

Thanks a lot for your great help.

manu
    05-05-10 04:37 PM
    I'd take it to your carrier and tell em your phone is all loopy they'll restore it to out of the box settings. Least that's what I would do. Make sure to backup your apps etc
    Jack, please stop giving out bad advice to other people.
    05-05-10 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD