Everytime I do an update or wanna add a theme and need to connect to my DM.. it always delete my sheets to go.. and now there's a fee everytime you need to d/L it again...

Is there away to bypass the deletion on DM? I just want to be able to add a theme (no ota available) and not lose it...

Thanks!
    11-07-08 10:28 AM
    You need to rename the file DocumentsToGo.alx to DocumentsToGo.old.

This file is located in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\OS-Name folder.

You can also download Crackmem from the link in my signature and there is a button there that will do it for you.

This fix is the method reccomended by DataViz.

The altenative is to just remove the OS application from your PC via Control Panel.
    11-07-08 10:46 AM

This file is located in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\OS-Name folder.

You can also download Crackmem from the link in my signature and there is a button there that will do it for you.

The altenative is to just remove the OS application from your PC via Control Panel.
    Pete, did this when I first upgraded a while back. No downgrade problems.

Today, while using DM to kick out Facebook, it downgraded me. I checked, and the D2G file is still named "old", just as I had changed it.

What am I doing wrong? Why would it just downgrade me today?

Plus, forgive my brain-off moment, I am not grasping the bold portion above.
    11-07-08 12:02 PM
    Go to the control panel of the your pc, open up the add/remove programs and remove the bb os. that will stop the downgrade process. One thing that has worked for me is to remove the .alx file for docs to go, that way i am not prompted to downgrade, plus the updates for docs to go are OTA only.
    11-07-08 12:26 PM
    Go to the control panel of the your pc, open up the add/remove programs and remove the bb os. that will stop the downgrade process. One thing that has worked for me is to remove the .alx file for docs to go, that way i am not prompted to downgrade, plus the updates for docs to go are OTA only.
    You deleted it completely? I might just do that.
    11-07-08 12:47 PM
    Think I figured it out. Dumb mistake on my part: Vista hid extensions on my laptop; thus, when I renamed it, I really renamed it to old.alx.

Sad... LOL!
    11-07-08 01:06 PM

@ Pete..Thank you so much..it works awesome now..
    11-07-08 04:57 PM
    When I try 2 update docs 2 go so i can have the Sheet 2 go option it says theres incompatible data on the device and the dload fails! any ideas?
    12-17-08 01:21 PM
    I did the OTA for Documents to Go to get the updated version. When I go into my BB's application list, it now shows both versions:

Documents to Go 1.005.035
    Documents to Go 1.004.047

I haven't had any problems with it yet, (at least with Word docs), but I'd like to know if I can delete the old one. I've kinda become OCD about my free memory amount and I hate doing battery pulls everyday.
    12-22-08 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD