Hey all,

We are about to launch a new version of our code and I was hoping to get a beta tester or two with 4.3.x.x. If anyone here lives in the US and has that code version and some spare time could you please private message me? Thanks!

Regards,
    Paul
    04-29-10 07:04 PM
    Why are you even supporting 4.3? Start at 4.5 at minimum.
    04-29-10 11:34 PM
    They already have 4.5 and above. They're making the app available for users that haven't upgraded their device for whatever reason, and there are some out there.

Paul, I appreciate the opportunity when Beta testing the first 4.5 version. The app has really come a long way. I don't suppose you'd consider an app for state officials? Some of the folks I've sent a link to Vi Vo to have expressed an interest in just such a thing. I suspect it wold be time intensive, though. Just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 11:53 PM
    Hey Docsmody,

I guess because I had a curve back in the day and it had 4.3 :-)... I still see quite a bit of them out there too. I always try to support as far back as possible though.

-Paul

Why are you even supporting 4.3? Start at 4.5 at minimum.
    05-01-10 07:09 PM
    Hey BergerKing,

Thanks for the support! I was able to test on 4.5 and above for 1.8.2... It seems to be working fine. It's up on BlackBerry AppWorld now.

We do plan to support State and Local, but intensive is putting it lightly ;-). Each state records date into different systems all written differently. On top of that they all report it differently, sometimes not reporting the data at all.

Our goal is to get the Federal version completely finalized and then move on to the state and local. Its definitely a goal of mine but I dont know how quickly we will get there.

Let me know what you think of 1.8.2... I think it's easier to use (coding that new menu bar for 4.3 was a real pain since I had to make it scroll for smaller screens. :-))

-Paul

They already have 4.5 and above. They're making the app available for users that haven't upgraded their device for whatever reason, and there are some out there.

Paul, I appreciate the opportunity when Beta testing the first 4.5 version. The app has really come a long way. I don't suppose you'd consider an app for state officials? Some of the folks I've sent a link to Vi Vo to have expressed an interest in just such a thing. I suspect it wold be time intensive, though. Just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-10 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD