I just traded in my Samsung Blackjack for a BB Curve and absolutely love it. It's everything I wanted my Blackjack to be and then lots more too. I've spent pretty much the entire day today learning it and adding and deleting and arranging and personalizing.

Now, I like to be able to dial directly from the Home Screen. It's just easy and intuitive for me to type in a person's name to call them. However, I also like the shortcuts that are enabled when that is disabled. Can I have the best of both worlds? Is there an app that will allow me to access the shortcuts (via ALT + letter, etc), or do I have to choose? Or do I need make this app?

Also, is there a way to turn off my backlight by holding something down for times when I don't want to wait for my backlight timeout?

Those are my only questions for now, but I'm sure I'll have more.
    04-05-08 11:31 PM
    I haven't found an app that does that but I have my dialing turned off from the Home Screen since I find it easier to just press the call button & type in a name to pull up a number.

Hopefully, someone can find what you're looking for since it'd be great to have both!

Welcome to the BB family!
    04-06-08 03:21 AM
    Welcome to the Crack.
    1) the only other way I can think of is to use your convenience key.
    2)By pressing your Mute button on top will put the phone in standby mode which turn off backlight also.
    04-06-08 05:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD