OK, well I've had my Curve since last year, but there's one thing I can't seem to figure out. How do I set it to allow more/longer rings before it defaults to voice mail? For instance, in vibrate mode 2 vibrations = email/sms, but more means it's a phone call, and sometimes I'm just a tad too slow to get my BB out of my pocket to answer it before it switches to voice mail.

How do I change the setting to make it ring 1 or 2 more times before switching to voice mail? Thanks in advance.
    03-27-08 10:17 PM
    You can call AT&T and ask them to increase the time.
    03-27-08 10:27 PM
    The max is 30 seconds.
    03-27-08 11:18 PM
    Good information. I was wondering how to do this myself. I'll call tomorrow.
    03-27-08 11:22 PM
    Let us know what they say!
    I'm curious

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-08 12:25 AM
    From the AT&T support forum. I tried this just now it worked for me. My phone rings a bunch of times now. Dial these characters using the numpad. You may want less than 30 seconds because if you think about it thats alot of ringing hehe Or just call them like was stated before But at this moment they are closed for business.

Universal way:

1. On your phone, dial *#61# and click Send.
    2. Some information should be displayed: number that the calls are being forwarded to and the delay before the forwarding engages.
    3. Write down the number (including +1)
    4. Dial **61*+1xxxyyyzzzz*11*30# and hit Send. +1xxxyyyzzzz is the number you wrote down previously, 30 is the delay in seconds. The delay can be set in 5 second increments, 30 is maximum
    5. Dial *#61# to verify that the new settings are active.
    03-28-08 12:56 AM
    when i tried it, i got something that said "Call Forwarding No Reply Telephony To" and then the number. is that correct?
    03-28-08 06:09 AM
    How Do You Know If It Worked
    03-28-08 08:26 AM
    Try having someone call you or call yourself from a land line. Set your ringtone to something like a classic ringer so it can repeat over and over.

To the previous poster, yes thats the correct response... test it by calling the number
    03-28-08 09:16 AM
    Be sure that you complete step 4 by entering the same number displayed in the window after completing step 1. The variable is can be 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30

Worked for me but honestly right now AT&T customer service is open I would just call 'em.
    03-28-08 09:19 AM
    Many moons ago when I was with t-mobile I called them about this and they give me around a 12 digit code to input on my phone. Two of the numbers where to set the voice mail "pick up" it could have been set from 5 seconds to 30 seconds or no voicemail at all so call your network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-08 07:12 PM
    Thanks everyone for the excellent responses. I guess the 30 seconds is as long as I can get it. Does anyone know the default?
    03-28-08 11:48 PM
    From the AT&T support forum. I tried this just now it worked for me. My phone rings a bunch of times now. Dial these characters using the numpad. You may want less than 30 seconds because if you think about it thats alot of ringing hehe Or just call them like was stated before But at this moment they are closed for business.

Universal way:

1. On your phone, dial *#61# and click Send.
    2. Some information should be displayed: number that the calls are being forwarded to and the delay before the forwarding engages.
    3. Write down the number (including +1)
    4. Dial **61*+1xxxyyyzzzz*11*30# and hit Send. +1xxxyyyzzzz is the number you wrote down previously, 30 is the delay in seconds. The delay can be set in 5 second increments, 30 is maximum
    5. Dial *#61# to verify that the new settings are active.
    Does anyone know how to reset this? In doing this I think I've disabled my voice mail. Now whenever someone calls it rings for the 30 seconds then says that the call cannot be completed rather than going to voicemail. I'd rather just have it back to the default setting
    04-16-08 01:14 AM
    Worked perfect! Thanks.
    12-05-08 12:37 PM
    Worked perfect for a friend of mine, thanks for the info!
    12-05-08 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD