I have a Blackberry Curve 8330 that I�ve had for about 18 months. The carrier is boost. Approximately two months ago it started locking up several times a day.

Specifically what happens is that when I try to access my email, texts, contact list, call log, or the internet the phone beeps twice and then it opens the call log and displays this message on the screen:

#* (and then has a picture of a green phone behind it)

It will do this repeatedly for up to 15 minutes or so and then go back to normal.

I tried clicking on the green phone while the error was displayed and it placed a call to #* but I got a recorded error message.

I researched this online and apparently the locking up part is fairly common but I didn�t find any references to the #* thing.

There were suggestions about reformatting the memory card so I just took it out completely and left it out and I�m still having the same problem.

Has anyone else seen this error message and/or have any suggestions on fixing it? I�m about to say screw it and get a new phone but I really like Boost and they don�t have anything else I want right now. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    08-25-11 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD