I just got a new 8330 with os 4.5 and have been having a problem when it is connected to my car's built-in bluetooth hands-free system. Whenever the phone is in standby mode (which is pretty often considering I usually just keep the thing in my suit jacket breast pocket), after I finish a bluetooth call, the phone is completely unresponsive--the screen is black and no buttons work. I generally have to do a battery pull before it will work again. Once I restart the thing, bluetooth sometimes won't reconnect to my car, which can be a problem during my 50-minute commute.

I saw a couple of posts from a few months ago where people had similar problems, but no answers or suggestions.

This can be pretty debilitating during my long commutes. It would be easy to say just don't use standby, but I have zero interest in using a holster and I constantly forget to take the thing out of standby (and my pocket) before getting into the car. Plus, just as a matter of principle, I feel like a brand new phone should be able to work in a new car with no issues. This seems like a pretty big problem for a new phone. As much as I love essentially everything about the blackberry, I'm thinking of returning it for an old school plain old cell phone if I can't figure out how to fix this problem before my trial month w/ Verizon is up.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
    04-15-09 10:41 AM
    What version of 4.5?
    04-15-09 01:56 PM
    version 4.5.0.77
    04-15-09 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD