Does the 8330 have a lockable keyboard? If so does it stay locked until you unlock it? Does it use a lock code or what?
    12-10-09 10:56 AM
    Does the 8330 have a lockable keyboard? If so does it stay locked until you unlock it? Does it use a lock code or what?
    The keyboard is lockable. Look for the lock icon and press it. The default unlock code is * + the phone button.

You can also go into Options -> Security Options -> General Settings and enable the password option. When you save the option, the BlackBerry will prompt for a new password twice. You then use that password to unlock your phone. I generally move the lock icon to the top row for quick access after the password is set.
    12-10-09 11:05 AM
    Another way, that I use, is to turn off your "dial from homescreen" option. Once you do this, you can just press the letter "k" and it locks the keyboard.

To unlock, you do what was listed above...* and then green dial key. To enter a number when you're in this mode, you just hit the dial button once and then enter the number.
    12-10-09 02:36 PM
    An easy way to make locking easier is using the left or right convenience key. I use the left. Much easier then using the icon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 03:53 PM
    I have it in a case so i normally dont hear it, does it turn on the phone during a call and then be unlock, can you get around that?
    12-10-09 04:22 PM
    This is a little off topic, but I forgot my keyboard password and I'm on the 9th attempt. What happens after the 10th? I know that all of the data on the phone gets wiped, but does the phone stay locked or will I be able to start using it again?
    12-10-09 04:53 PM
    there's one way to find out....
    j/k
    hope you can remember the password!
    12-10-09 05:02 PM
    I have it in a case so i normally dont hear it, does it turn on the phone during a call and then be unlock, can you get around that?
    If you've got the phone locked, either via the "K" key method I described above or using the lock icon, it will unlock it when a call comes in. You don't have to manually unlock it and then answer the call.

And evb624, that's a GREAT idea about using one of the convenience keys as the lock button! Man, I can't believe that never crossed my mind. I might have to switch to that and try it out! Thanks!
    12-10-09 08:16 PM
    If you've got the phone locked, either via the "K" key method I described above or using the lock icon, it will unlock it when a call comes in. You don't have to manually unlock it and then answer the call.

And evb624, that's a GREAT idea about using one of the convenience keys as the lock button! Man, I can't believe that never crossed my mind. I might have to switch to that and try it out! Thanks!
    I hope you like it, if you don't like that try it as the first icon on the home screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 08:45 PM
    Thanks guys.
    12-10-09 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD